Wednesday 15 December 2010

Time for an update.....

...Two years ago when I started this blog it was to be my diary. I love to keep a diary about the things I get up to, the thoughts I have etc, but I hate to write. However I do LOVE to type, so having a blog seemed like the perfect solution. These past few weeks I have been getting a little bit lazy with the blog. It´s not because I`m too busy to type, I´m not! It´s like I said - just laziness!

I thought I better update tonight before I forget what I have been up too over the last few days.

Last Friday was our Christmas dinner at work. We had a great night with loads of food. I had been asked to help set the table for dinner, so after work I stayed and got things ready, along with 2 others. We turned the place into a Christmas wonderland with candles, decorations, lights and table settings. It looked really well - (even if I say so myself!!haha)

When we sat down to eat, I misunderstood the menu (and so did a few others) We thought it was a main meal, followed by dessert, so I went up and filled my plate. There was chicken and bacon salad, salmon, prawn mousse, tomatoe salad, a green salad and bread. It tasted soooo good.

I did think it was a bit strange that there were no potatoes or meat, but then again it was actually nice to get something different. I ate my first plate and went up and took another plate. I filled it even more than the first one. When I was one mouthful away from finishing that plate, one of my colleagues stood up and said "Now the main course will be served!" WHAT??!!!!!! I was nearly full!!! hahaha Boy did I struggle through the main course and dessert!!! I think I put 2 kgs on that night!! But it was a great night, filled with a lot of laughter!


On Monday evening I was out eating again. This time I met my "old" friend Genny and we went to our favourite Mexican restaurant. It´s been about 9 months since we last got together! We spent the evening eating from the buffet and having a good long chat! We were the only two in the resturant. I wish I had more money! I would support the local restaurants by going out and eating in them every night of the week!! haha I was so glad I got to see Genny. We had a great evening together!

Over here, Monday night was soooo cold! Genny and I shivered our way home and then realised why we were the only people in the restaurant! We were the only two brave enough to venture out in the cold weather! (others might say we were the only two crazy enough!!)


Tuesday evening we held a Christmas party for our junior club. We had 17 kids between the age of 9-12 years. We started by meeting at 5pm at the church. We ate "Risengrød" (something the Danes love to eat at this time of the year!) It´s just rice pudding with a knob of butter, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. Anne made it, and it was delicious! We played a few games before heading out to the bowling centre to end the evening bowling. When the 3 hours were finished, so were we!!!! We had a great night though, and not just us two, the kids enjoyed it too!!

Today (Wednesday) I have been to another concert with Leah´s choir. This time it was just for the parents. We were able to sit and enjoy some coffee, tea or soda, while the girls sang for us. A good way to end the choir season. No more choir till January:-(



3 comments:

Charlene said...

Phew!!! I've just finished catching up with all your news that I haven't read because I haven't been on the blog at all! I'm just recovering from flu - and I never want to experience that again. You have made me laugh which isn't good - I'm still aching all over from the throwing up and coughing! Oh Laura I can just see your face when the main course was announced hahahahahaha. It's snowing here too - yippee - well it should be yippee but I've all Christmas shopping to do and I mean all!

Laura said...

Glad you are feeling better again. Hope you get all the Christmas shopping done soon, so you don´t get stressed and can just enjoy the holiday season:-)

Rhoda said...

Good to read your news Laura, and see the video - Leah is so confident in her singing (& swaying:)!)