Tuesday 28 December 2010

So relaxing....

This Christmas holiday has been soooo relaxng. Just what we needed!! We have done nothing but watch films, eat, go on facebook and eat some more!! It has been sooo wonderful to take time out from reality and just lock ourselves away in our wee apartment.



Yesterday I decided to paint. I needed a painting for my kitchen/dining room wall, so I decided to do something about that. I spent the afternoon painting and below you can see the result. I now want to paint two smaller ones for the other wall that so desperately needs something on it.



(The guy whose painting I copied is called Tim Gagnon. Check out his web, he is a fanatastic painter. I found him through youtube. He had a video where he painted the above picture in speed time...like in 3 minutes. I watched the video and got an idea of how he created the effect and then tried to guess the colours etc. I have now checked out his website where you can buy lessons. I am very tempted to buy some of his lessons. I just love his work. Check it out for yourselves.... http://www.timgagnonstudio.com )

2 comments:

lisa said...

I keep saying it but you've a real talent!

Rhoda said...

I think this is your best yet:)
Just wondering if you did it in 3 mins?