Thursday 23 December 2010

Still no brussel sprouts....

...and the supermarket guy promised me they would have them today. A new delivery was expected:-( Then again, it was late afternoon when I went to town, so maybe they got a delivery and sold out very quickly!! Do people really LOVE brussel sprouts that much??!! Another more probable reason was the weather! We had a big snow storm last night so the roads have been awful to drive on. There have been delays and chaos everywhere. The delivery probably never arrived. Anyway I will, for the first time in years, have a Christmas dinner without brussels sprouts. I also don´t have any stuffing or Bisto gravy! What is the world coming too?!!!! Ah well, I´m sure I will survive! I´m actually sooooo looking forward to my Christmas dinner:-)

This evening Leah and I did some baking. The Chrsitmas music went on and we went mad in the kitchen. We made rice crispie buns, wee buns (or muffins as they are called over here) and lemon squares, half of which we ate this evening!

When Sara arrived home from work we all gathered in the living room and stuffed our faces, while watching Home Alone. It´s been years since we´ve seen that film. We really enjoyed it.

Now the big day awaits. Tomorrow we celebrate Christmas! Just hope the snow lets up so we can get to Hannes (Kristian´s sister) and then get back home again without any problems.


3 comments:

lisa said...

It was great chatting to you, now go and rob the old lady of her brussel sprouts haha!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

We couldn't get them either, completely sold out!!! So yes, our first Christmas without them too. Probably makes for a better dinner though!!! Have a most wonderful Christmas Laura. xxx

Laura said...

I don´t know about it being a better dinner without them...I am going to miss them. However, my family are very happy that I am not eating them this year! They make me fart!!! hahahaha So now they are hoping it will be a fart free house this year! hahahaha