Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas holidays!!

...at last, the Christmas holidays are here! Today we stopped school. For the next 12 days I don´t have to get up at 5.45am in the morning!! I can do whatever I want, whenever I want (well, within reason!!) and sleep as long as I want (that´s the joy of having big kids!)

The next few days are all planned out. Tomorrow is clearing out and cleaning up day! Along with the cleaning I have one major goal - to buy a Christmas tree. We were meant to buy it on Saturday but Kristian wasn´t feeling well (let´s blame it all on him!!).I have never been without a Christmas tree this close to Christmas! I can feel the PANIC starting to set in!!

Thursday Leah and I have planned a baking day! NO - IT`S NOT A JOKE!!! We are going to bake lots of different goodies for us to eat over the Christmas period! The Christmas music will be blasting from the CD and we will filling the house with wonderful smells! (Well, at least that´s the plan, lets see how it goes, my plans never seem to work out!)

Yesterday afternoon, Leah and I went to visit my friend Laura and her daughter Mia. It has been months since we last got together. It was sooooo great to see them and catch up with what has been happening in their lives. One big bit of news was the kittens! A few weeks ago they got 2 new kittens. They are just soooo adorable! Leah and I fell for them and they seemed to like us too!

The one jumped up to Leah and fell asleep in her arms and later on in her lap. The other jumped up and fell asleep in my arms. It was sooooo wonderful! It didn´t take much for us to fall in love with them!





3 comments:

lisa said...

Enjoy your lie-ins and your days off and please post some photos of all the lovely things you bake, I wish I had smelly-vision haha!!

lisa said...

oh that should have said smell-o-vision!!!!! hahaha!!!

Laura said...

hahaha you might be glad you don´t have "smelly-vision"!!! Remember it´s me who is baking and I CANT bake!! It will probably all get burnt! haha