Monday 28 March 2011

I´ve done something crazy!!!!


Today, after work, I went and ordered a brand new car!!! What was I thinking!???!!!! 

It´s the cheapest car you can get here in Denmark - a Chervolet Spark. My old banger is slowly giving up the ghost. It needs to go through its M.O.T. in a few months and everything is breaking down. It can just about drive! You actually hear me before you see me in that car! My car is also just drinking the petrol. I only get 10-12km to a litre. On top of that the road tax is so exspensive. Taking all this into consideration I decided to go and check out some new  cars. What if I bought a new car that cost nearly nothing on road tax, and one that could drive double the mileage that I am getting now?! The money I save on petrol, and taxes could help pay off the car. So I did some maths and some more maths and some more maths and decided to go for it.

Kristian and I had gone by the car dealer yesterday after church. We took a test drive in the Spark and I fell in love!! 

 We talked to the sales man and got all the figures down on paper. I told him I would go home and think about it and think about it I did!! I have done nothing else but think about it for the past 24 hours. Finally after work I made my decision.


So next Tuesday I will pick up my new car. (I think I´ll call him Wally! or maybe he is really a she?!)  Anyway, I bought the car in a lovely misty blue colour and not green like in the picture above. I actually wanted it in a coconut brown colour or white, but I would have had to wait a month for that, so I went for the blue which they already had.


I can´t believe I have done it!! Now I just hope I have worked the maths out right and I can afford it!! Maths was never my strong subject!! hahaha

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Laura that is lovely news! and what a lovely car. Just think of all the money you'll save on repairs too. Good for you - health to enjoy!!!!

Laura said...

Thanks charlene! I just hope I´ve done the right thing:-)it will be nice not to worry, at least for a while, about it breaking down. Now I just hope I don´t lose my job:-) hahaha

lisa said...

Youve done the right thing, you wont have to worry about it breaking down because its under warranty, a big load of your mind. Health to drive!!!