Saturday 12 March 2011

A note to myself....

....never leave home without the GPS!! 


Thursday evening I went to visit my friend Jette. They moved a while back,  to a big cosy farm house. I set off without the GPS, sure I could find it, after all, I had been there 3 or 4 times before! Having said that, Kristian was always the one driving. I was always the one chatting away not paying much attention to where we were going!!haha


So Thursday evening I headed to the motorway. It was dark, raining and blowing a gale! As I drove along the motorway I started to see signs for towns that lay to the south of us - something was wrong -  I was meant to be going north!! My lightening quick brain realised  that I had taken the wrong motorway. I was on the one heading to Copenhagen instead of the one heading to Helsingor. Aaarrrrghhhhhhhhh how annoying was that!!


I rectified that little mistake and was happily on my way north. It was then time to exit the motorway when I realised again, that I had made another mistake!!  


When I exited the motorway I was surprised to find a T junction. That was not what I was expecting!! The road was meant to go on straight! There was a very confused irish woman in the car!! I decided to turn left at the T juncion and see where the road went...it didn´t go where I was meant to be!! 


Well to cut a long story short, I managed to make it back unto the motorway again. I took the right exit and finally made it to her home - only 20 minutes late!! hahaha


On the way home I stayed clear of the motorway and took the country roads home - which worked out much better - I was home in no time!!


So it´s now weekend again. We are all having a relaxing day. Leah has been at a sleepover in the church. It´s something called COW (Computer Og Wellness - the "og" is Danish for "and") The boys play computer all night and the girls have foot baths, face masks, massages, etc and they watch girlie films all night!! She loved it, but she only got about 3 hours sleep so she is exhausted. 


We did talk about going to Ikea this afternoon. She would like a new room. I have promised her we could paint and decorate her room at Easter. We want to go in and get some ideas. But at the minute I can´t get any life in her, so it looks like a home day for me too. 


Sara is heading into Copenhagen to visit Winnie. She is over staying at her brother´s place. So they will go out this evening and eat together and have some fun! 


Andrew is at home with a few butterflies in his stomach....he is waiting to hear if he can start a new job. He has been at home since January, his other course is finished and his next education course/school first starts in August. He has been looking for jobs since January but they are hard to come by, however he might just have landed a temp job that would give him work until the end of June. He is waiting to hear from them....they have to check to make sure that there is no problem him being under 18. (He will first be 18 in August)  I´ll keep you posted. 


Kristian is sitting at his computer and is excited about a new project he has started. Over the last few months he has made logos and webpages for different go-kart people and they have been very pleased with his work.  This has now encouraged him to try and start his own web design business. So all day today he has been working on the logo and a bit of his homepage. The name will be KR Web Design.(www.krwebdesign.dk) It´s all in the early stages and he has still loads to learn but wouldn´t it be great if it took off!!! ....and here is where I start dreaming - cause if Kristian has his own web design business he could work from home, and that would mean home could be anywhere in world!! hahahaha Now where should we go? 

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Well obviously you'll just have to move Canada Laura:)

Laura said...

hahahaha Rhoda I can see you have been on facebook:-) yes Canada here we come!!