Tuesday 5 July 2011

Day 1

Day one of my holidays was brilliant! I went shopping! 


We needed a new hoover, the old one gave up the ghost last week.  The house was  desperately in need of a hoovering so I couldn´t put off buying a new one any longer. I prayed I would find a good bargin and a good bargin is what I found. A Nilfisk (good make) for half price!! I was a happy woman!


When I am off work I need projects to do or I get restless, so yesterday I decided that my project would be our balcony. It needed a make over, so while out shopping I decided to buy plants. I went to Bauhaus and Silvan, big DIY shops that have garden centers attached to them, but was soooo surprised at how awful their plants were. They were all nearly dead! I ended up buying all my plants at the local supermarket, in good condition and at half the price. I again was a happy woman! So it was home to clear up the balcony! 

 This was the balcony before.

 Dull and boring. But.......
 a few plants helped to cheer the place up!

 Some candlelight made it cosy when dusk started to fall.


 Sara enjoyed sitting out there with her computer and a snack.
 And even Shadow enjoyed herself.


I am still not totally finsihed with it. I would love to buy "green grass" carpet  (no, I´m not crazy, it´s carpet for balconys!) for out there but it was too long to put in my car. I need to wait till Kristian has time to help with that. (that might be a loooonnnng wait! haha) 


I would also love to get a different type of chair and another type of wee table for out there, but that may have to wait for another year!! For now I am going to enjoy it as it is! I don´t know how long it will look like that. I give the plants about 3 weeks before they are all dead! haha but I am really going to try this year and look after them this year and not over water them!! 


Now all I need is my parcel of books from Amazon to arrive!! (Should be here any day now) Happy days!! Books and a cosy balcony!! (Must remember to buy a coke too!!)


Today I have a new project. Project apartment!!! I have such a messy apartment that needs cleaned and organised. Hopefully today and tomorrow will see that project finished!

No comments: