Sunday 3 July 2011

Holiday

 I am now offically on holiday! This year we are not going away but are spending time here in Denmark. Four and a half weeks of nothing!!! Well, maybe not totally nothing - I have a few plans. I want to organise and clear up the house. I want to paint some new pictures, I want to meet up with friends, I want to spend time with Kristian and the kids and last but not least I want to read books!!  I think these four and a half weeks are going to fly by.



So already the weekend has gone by soooo quickly. After the drama of Thursday things settled down again rather nicely. The girls had a great time together. On Saturday we went of  to the swimming pool for a few hours in the afternoon, just Leah, Annie and me. (It brought back some good memories of our family fun days. When the kids were small, all 5 of us would, now and again,  head of to the swimming pool for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. Then it was home to eat Kristian´s home made burgers while watching a Disney film. Being at the swimming pool made me miss having small kids!)



After dinner we decided to go out a walk. It was a lovely evening but we could see that the dark clouds were coming in. It looked like rain was on the way!





We arrived home just in time. As we ran up the steps to our apartment, the heavens opened and the rain poured down. We had the most awesome thunder storm. It was so close it actually was a little scary. Once the storm had passed we settled down to play some Ligretto (a fun card game) and then ended the evening by watching a film. 


Today we drove Annie down to her other Granny and Grandad´s house. It´s about an hours drive away from here, just south of Copenhagen.  We took the motorway but could see that the traffic was at a total stand still on the other side of the motor way.

Leah and I decided to drive the country roads home and avoid the motorway and Copenhagen. So glad we did! Kristian has been in Sweden all day and just got in after sitting hours in traffic on the same motorway. The storm last night flooded many areas in Copenhagen, that´s why there was a big hold up. 

Now I am tired and ready for bed. Tomorrow I hope to get this house organised and cleaned. Let´s hope it´s not soooo warm tomorrow!! The heat here at the moment is awful - roll on Autumn!!

No comments: