Friday 2 April 2010

Because of me....

....and because of you Jesus came. Just wanted to take time today to think about the real meaning of Easter. Just been thinking about Gods love for me. How can I ever doubt His love when I know what Jesus did for me. "...his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond that of human likeness. " Isaiah 52,14

He let that happen to Him because of His love for me. Have a listen to the song below, you probably know it well, but its a favourite of mine. I just listened to the song put together with clippings from the film The Passion. The words and pictures spoke so deeply to me and I was reminded of that verse from Isaiah. But I was also reminded about all the wonderful things that are now mine because of Jesus...

I am now forgiven (Col 2,139
I am now a friend of God (John 15,5)
I am now Gods child (John 1,12)
I have now peace with God (Rom 5,1)
I can come BOLDLY to the throne of grace (Heb 4, 14-16)
and I am loved (always have been!!!...in that while I was a sinner Christ died for me!)


Just a few thoughts I had this morning while listening to this song. Have a listen... I found another video with the song on it, so its NOT the one from the passion. The one below doesnt have the violence in it.

6 comments:

Rhoda said...

I LOVE that song so much - it's just amazing.

Thanks also for the reminders of all that we have/are because of Him. How humbling. Such love - it's impossible to ever pay the debt we owe.

lisa said...

Im just home from communion service so Im feeling lots of things, happiness, loved, saved etc. It was a lovely service, really enjoyed it and got loads from it. Theres another service tomorrow night 'Easter Meditation', a meditation around the seven sayings of Jesus on the cross. I hope I can get to it and nothing happens with kids etc!

lisa said...

Just watched the video, gorgeous song. I was afraid to watch it until I read it was the one with no violence, the passion deeply deeply disturbed me, it was so violent. On one hand we need to know the full extent of Jesus' suffering for us and it really hits home and makes us realise how much He really suffered for us but on the other hand its so disturbing and hard to watch.

Rhoda said...

Remember Lisa the passion was made by Mel Gibson, from a Catholic perspective, and the Catholic church so often focus on the physical. The worst part of Jesus' sufferings was not the physical but the spiritual as He became sin for us, and knew what it was to be separated from God the Father, for the first and only time in all of eternity.

lisa said...

You always know the right thing to say and how to clarify things for me, thank you, I just waffle on a lot ha ha!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Also the Passion focussed on Jesus' death and barely gave a nodding to the most important part of what He did for us; the Resurrection!!!!