Friday 9 April 2010

Guess who I saw today....

...I saw the Queen!!! Yes, the real, live Queen of Denmark!!!! Her summer residence is not far from where I work. I had just picked Andrew up from the train station and was driving him out to my work. He cleans some of the class rooms on a Friday afternoon. Well as we are driving I can see this big black, lovely, exspensive looking car coming towards me, I recognise the number plate, its got the Royal creast on it. I started to get so excited and almost made Andrew jump out of his skin as I shouted, "Someone from the royal family is in the car coming towards us, look, look, LOOK!!!" I slowed down and as it passed there was our Queen sitting with a beautiful hat on her head....must have been going somewhere special!! I was over the moon!!! "That was the Queen!!" was all I could repeat. Andrew looked at me like I was crazy and slowly shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and said "So?" (Honestly young people today!!!) Anyway it really made my day!! hahaha

So I left Andrew off at work and then I took myself off food shopping.


Meanwhile Leah was on her way into Copenhagen on the train. Today they were recording the first 8 programmes for the Childrens TV show. All week the team have been busy getting the set ready. I cant wait to see the finished programmes.







Leah came home after a great afternoon. She really enjoys doing this, even though its hard on her hands and arms. She is sure building up some muscles!!! I am sure at some stage you will get to see a clip from the finished show!!

8 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, I think I might have missed something somewhere. What is Leah doing on this TV programme and how did that all come about? I'm not sure you've told us about that.

Plus, I'm excited for you seeing the Queen of Denmark. I think it would be exciting too if our Queen drove past.

Charlene said...

Laura that sounded like such fun. Years ago Philip had taken me out for a drive up to the airport (well not the airport exactly, but that general direction). We were stopped by thepolice and told to stay there because Prince Andrew was coming. So being a bit like you I got out and nearly waved my hand off as he drove down this country road on the way to the RAF base!
Oh by the way I heard the Queen saw you too. She was reported to have said, "Oh look Driver, there's that strange woman from IKEA!".
Andrew is getting very like Kristian to look at, and really tall!
Leah sounds like she's having a blast. That's really good experience for her. Lewis reported and presented some radio shows for schools (remember those!) which he absolutely loved doing and him and Grace both attended the "Me & MY Movie" day - a Blue Peter thingy. Lewis' film reached the final 10 in the UK and if he had reached the final 4 we would have been off to the BAFTA's. Unfortunately the film didn't make it and my dress had to go back!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

hahahaha u r just like me Charelene!!! hahaha Wow that is fantastic about Lewis and his film....getting in the final top 10 is a great achievement!!!


pauline - I think I posted something ages and ages ago about her starting to go to this puppet thing...CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) have started to make TV programmes for children. They will be aired on a Sunday morning. Statics say that even the most badly mad tv programmes reach about 4000 children but if they are really well made...well they can reach ALOT more. So Dorthe, (one of my old colleagues) she is absolutely great with kids and teenagers, she has started making these. The big pentecostal church in Copehagen have studios where they make christian tv programmes, well they are working with her on these. She has a 6 or 7 teenagers to help her and Leah got involved in this....Dorthe came home here and taught Leah how to use the puppets and then she goes every other Friday into Copenhagen to practise and then every so often they record a whole lot of programmes. The other weeks they have just been practising but yesterday was the first time they recorded. Leah really enjoys this, even though she is the youngest one there, the other kids are 14, 15 and 16 but they are soooo nice to her. She gets on well with them all. Her cousin is also involved so she meets Leah in Copenhagen. Dorthes brothers are really musical and so they have written a few songs for the show....its all really exciting!! I think its going to be rather professional...and lots of kids are going to hear abobut God through them.

Rhoda said...

Nearly Charlene. What she actually said was 'there's that mad Irish Ikea loving woman' (At least that's what was on the Belfast Telegraph) I'm actually surprised she didn't ask the driver to stop and get your autograph!
Shame your dress had to go back Charlene:-(

If Andrew doesn't know you by now . . .

If now on you'll be telling everyone about the day you met the queen:-)

I remember that post Laura:-)

Isn't it good to hear of a CEF worker who is 'absolutely great' with kids and young people?!!!!!!!!

Rhoda said...

Ooops I've done a Laura! I meant of course 'From now on . . . . '

Stuart and Pauline said...

Thanks Laura, for going over it again. I remember something about her going, but not why. It sounds absolutely fantastic, at least there are Christian children's television programmes being made, you wouldn't get that here. You can't even have Christian radio on mainstream radio, you have to get it from Digital radio!!! Praise God!!!!

lisa said...

Ive been busy and misssed so much! Laura meets the queen, Leah's on TV, Lewis nearly got a bafta! Wow - what a talented lot!! Well done one and all!!

Rhoda said...

Very good Lisa:-)