Monday 26 April 2010

There are big ships and small ships......

but the best ship of all is friendship!

Today I met up with my "old " friend Rhona. It was time for our monthly chit chat over a hot chocolate. The weather was lovely and we were able to sit outside the cafe with our hot chocolate. It was so wonderful seeing her and catching up again. It really did my heart good. When I left her today I thought about how blessed I am to have her in my life. How blessed I am to have all my friends in my life (yes, also you blog friends!)Thanks Rhona for reminding me of this today!! Friendship is such a special thing.

I found some quotes about friendship that I thought were good....

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.

The most I can do for my friend is simply be her friend.

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. haha

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. (Thanks Rhona for rekindling that inner spirit in me today:-)

3 comments:

Charlene said...

It's lovely to have friends! I'm really glad you had such a good time with Rhona today. Those quotes reminded of something Laura...... it only takes a spark!

lisa said...

What lovely sayings, theyve given me a warm fuzzy feeling inside lol!!

Rhoda said...

Here's another one:

"Make new friends, but keep the old -
One is silver the other gold!"