Friday 16 April 2010

A special day for all....

Leah has had a special theme week at school. The whole school was divided up into groups and each group had a theme to work on. Leah was working in the "Book Cafe". Here everyone worked all week long at writing stories and making books, also cakes and cookies were made. Then this afternoon there was open house in the school. People could come and look around at what the kids had made. We off course had to visit the "Book Cafe." The room was turned into a cosy cafe. Small tables set up around the place. Leah along with some friends was serving behind the counter. Here we bought tea and coffee and had some wonderful cookies (they were really delicious!) We also bought a "book" that was written by Leah herself. (Still have to read it though!)



Then today its our Queens 70th birthday. We really do have a lovely Queen. All week long there was celebrations for her! (She must be exhausted with all the things she has done!!)


Then tonight there is a private party at her summer castle. The first part of the party is being televised and I have just watched the speech from her husband. It was beautiful. He started his speech "My dear Daisy" but our Queen is called Margrethe. Thats when Kristian explained that this was his nickname for her. I never knew that!!! Aahhh - I think that is beautiful. So romantic!!! (Now I want Kristian to find a nickname for me!!!! hahahaha)


8 comments:

Rhoda said...

LOL impressed to see Leah wearing the same colour as the queen!

So what nickname would you like Laura . . . . I could think of a few "Windy blossom" perhaps?!!!!

So when you read Leah's book you'll have to do a review for us:-)

Laura said...

hahahaha very funny rhoda!!! hahaha Kristian thought of cauliflower!!! hahaha anyway I´ll let you know if he comes up with something hahaha

I didnt even notice that Leah was wearing the same colour as the queen hahaha well u know us, like to keep up with the royal family:-)

Stuart and Pauline said...

What a wonderful idea to have all those different things happening in the school and then the opportunity to experience it too. I had often thought of an idea to open a cafe that was a book shop. So you sit and read and drink countless cups of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and home made goodies!!! A very relaxing place to be.

I think cauliflower is perfect. Oh no did I type that!!!

Charlene said...

I could think of a few suggestions Laura, not sure if they would be repeatable!!! hahahha

Sounds like Leah has had a great time at school this week. Oh to be back at school!
Well done Leah for completing your first book - first of many!

lisa said...

Thats great for Leah, she is growing up so fast! Well done to her for her cafe and book.

Yes Laura, I too can think of a few names!

Laura said...

I sure would like to know what names you would call me!!!! haha or maybe I am better of not knowing:-) Kristian still hasnt come up with a name for me yet.....so I wait patiently:-)

lisa said...

What about 'oranges' or 'melons' hahaha!!!

Laura said...

hahahaha Lisa - good one!!! thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning:-)