Saturday 16 October 2010

A broken down record....

...is what I sound like everytime I come to Ireland!! I only seem to have the same thing to report - and that is," WE WENT SHOPPING IN PRIMARK!!" and guess what? This time is no different!

One thing that is different is that Sara's friend Winnie is here with us. It's her first time in Northern Ireland and she is really enjoying herself.

Sara and Winnie arrived on Wednesday afternoon and have been enjoying themselves shopping, visiting family and visiting the local area to act like two posers!

Leah and I arrived on Friday evening 10pm! We flew with SAS and had a lovely flight. However just before boarding they announced that the flight was over booked and they needed 2 people to stay an extra night in Copenhagen.

The two unfortunate souls that would have to give up their seat would receive a free night in a hotel, free taxi service there and back, plus a 500 euro (about £430) voucher that could be exchanged to cash! (and I believe it was each person that got a voucher!)

Well, I was sooo tempted to take it but with only having 4 full days in Ireland it would have meant even shorter time here. I stood weighing up the pluses and minuses and at the same time, trying to work out in my head how much 500 euros actually was in kroner or pounds. By the time I finally realised what a good deal it was the couple in front of us had spoken up and had taken SAS up on their offer.

Leah and I have been kicking ourselves since!!! All day walking around Primark we were talking about what we could have bought with £400 in our pocket!! (or could that have been £800!! aaarrrghhh) hahaha

Ah well, it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, it's great to see dad again. He is looking really well and doing really well too.




So today we got up and headed into town. We shopped in Primark, and didn't make it anywhere else! No, I tell a lie, I got about 20 minutes in HMV and a walk through Boots.

At lunchtime we met up with some of the family.I got to try mussels for the first time......

...they tasted good. Really rather yummy and delicious! I was surprised.
So we were in town from 11am to 5.30pm with a small break for lunch.

But all you who follow this blog could have written this post yourself! You always know what our first day is like when we come to Belfast. Like I said..."a broken down record!"
By the way, anybody who wants to see us while we are here - just hang out at Primark in Belfast! hahaha

4 comments:

lisa said...

Wow look at the bags!!! Fantastic! Im going to Faith Mission on Tuesday afternoon, but you'll be gone by then so I wont hang around Primark, I might get arrested!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Very glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Have a fabby time. xxx

Charlene said...

Glad to see some things never change! Poor Winnie - she probably feels like she's been in the middle of a whirlwind, or maybe she's used to the Rasmussen's crazy ways by now. It was good to see you yesterday-enjoy the rest of your stay.

Laura said...

It was good to see you too Charlene, even though it was short. Winnie is really enjoying herself, yeah she is used to our crazy house, but she is just as crazy...her surname is Rasmussen too, literally!! haha

Thanks pauline - yeah dad is doing great.

Now Lisa that would be a story for the blog if you got arrested in Primark!! hahaha You never know you might just see me in Faith Mission on Tuesday, so keep ur eyes and ears open!! hahaha