Sunday 31 October 2010

What is happening to me!??????

......is it lack of sleep? Is it too much to do and not enough time to do it all in? Or is it just stupidity? I´ll let you be the judge!

I have been away on a fantastic weekend with the kids from church. It was our musical weekend. We had soooo much fun practising songs, rehearsing lines and making backgrounds.There was just such a wonderful atmosphere from start to finish. Today was the big day. They would preform in church and they were so nervous and excited as they waited for the curtain to open. They did such a good job. It was really a successful weekend.

So when church was finished I thought I could be home by 1.30pm at the latest. However things don´t always go as planned! I went out to the car to get something from the boot. I opened the boot, set my keys down, found what I needed and closed the boot. The moment I closed the boot I realised my keys were inside and the rest of the car was locked. Aarrrrrghhhhhhh! I tried to break in! No success. I got others to try and break in! Still no success, so there was nothing else for it but to get the train home. I was able to get Leah a ride home, she was sooo tired.

I started to head for home only to discover that I had just missed a bus and it would be another hour before one came. I decided to walk it to the station instead. Half an hour later I was at the station. A quick train ride and then another 20 minutes walk and I finally reached home at 3pm!

( Are some of you asking "Where was Kristian, why didn´t you go home with him? Why didn´t you ring him? Well Kristian was away on the other side of Denmark and would first be home this evening. More about that might come in a later post!)

Then this evening I decided to do some washing. I needed some jeans washed for work tomorrow. I took off the jeans I was wearing and threw them into the wash, Kristian had come home and he was going to take me up to church to get my car. I was rushing about trying to get the wash on before going out with him to the church. I managed to gather a bunch of clothes. I then popped my jeans in among them and I started the machine. I was all proud of my self for being so effective! (Pride always comes before a fall!!) Off I went to collect my car.

Then about ½ hour ago I put my jeans in the dryer only to discover that my mobile phone was still in the back pocket of my jeans!!! ( The phone I am still paying for!!!) Aarrrrrghhhhhhh!!! (I seem to be saying that a lot today!! haha) Yes I washed my phone!!! Aaarrrgghhhhhhhh again!!!

What else can go wrong today??? I´m not sticking around to find out. Off to bed I go before I can do anymore damage! Good night all:-)


5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh indeed:( Oh no Laura. Just hope a wee miracle happens with your phone and it's ok. (It happened before for Lisa, so why not?!)

Hope you get a good night's sleep and no more costly accidents tomorrow. Hope you appreciate the clean jeans!

Charlene said...

poor you! Well you know what they say Laura - things can only get better!

Glad the weekend was a success, I'm sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, you need to do some brain training or something. I have noticed my memory isn't as good as it used to be and I'm not even 40 yet!!!

Stuart said take everything out of your phone and dry it out in a warm dry place, not a radiator. It can work.

lisa said...

Just dont try to turn the phone on until its completely dry!!! I dropped mine in the dogs water bowl and its fine, it had no sound for a few hours but I kept it turned upside down so the water could run out the headphone socket at the top (you cant open iphones or take them apart). Try it, youve nothing to lose!

Laura said...

pauline maybe I just need to get a brain first!!! hahahaha