Thursday 7 October 2010

A weekend with nothing.....

turned into a weekend of driving!!

I ended up driving 260km over the weekend!! With Kristian away in Sweden, I was the only taxi driver at home and so I had to drive Leah to her cousin´s house on the Saturday. It was an hours drive there and another one home. It was a real autumn day - cool, gray and windy! That made the drive even more perfect, especially with good music blasting from the loudspeakers!

When I arrived home on the Saturday I decided to make Irish stew! It was delicious! Just what was needed on a cold Saturday evening.

Sara arrived home along with her cousin and so we all got cosy, ready to enjoy a Saturday evening at home. Sara and her cousin had a lot of fun together making silly movies. and I ended up watching a film called "My date with Drew" (if you haven´t seen it, I totally recommend it. Sooooo sweet!)

After church on Sunday I was once again off driving, this time to collect Leah from her cousins. Then we headed back to our church for a concert. Jimmy Needham (an upcoming American singer) was giving a concert. It was soooo good. He was sooo down to earth and shared alot about himself, his faith and his life in between his songs. I not only loved his music but I also loved his sense of humour! It was a fantastic afternoon!



Yet again, the week has gone by soooo fast! We had Junior club on Tuesday evening. This time we were doing something different - we were having a film night. We watched Alvin and the Chipmonks. It was a really cute film that the kids all enjoyed.

I had tried to set the room up like a cinema. We had raised one of the sofa´s up on a stage, and had another one, in front just a bit lower down. I had tickets for the kids and there was a shop "selling" popcorn and soda. The room was locked till it was time for the movie and it was all darkened just like a real cinema. They loved it and were totally into it.

Tomorrow it´s Friday again. My last day of teaching for 2 whole weeks!! It´s going to be great not having any preparation!! Next week is "Time-out" week at school. The whole school is involved in a project, it´s about taking time out to get healthy. There are lots of activities taking place. The kids are in different groups and teams, there is even an iron man race for the oldest kids (16 year olds) . I am involved in it all week. On Monday we are going off to the beach with 49 children. We will make kites and fly them. (hopefully!) On Tuesday I am dancing Zumba all day long with the kids. By Wednesday I will probably be dead!!! haha

Then the week after that I have holiday. The whole school is closed for autumn break. Leah and I will head to Ireland, but it´s only for 4 days, so unfortunately this time I won´t have time to arrange a Richview Reunion:-(

Sara and her friend Winnie are going too, however they fly over on Wednesday of next week, so they arrive a few days before us. Leah and I arrive on Friday evening and we all fly out again on the following Wednesday.

So that´s all my news for this time. If anybody wants to get a taste of the concert you can check out the video below. (It´s actually a well known song that he sings.) He was just having a bit of fun at this stage of the concert. He was talking about the sort of music he grew up listening to and he thought he would give us a taste of it. (If you want to check out more of his music look him up at www.youtube.com)


2 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

That reminds me I should really make Irish stew some time soon. Yummeeee!!!!

Charlene said...

Busy, busy, busy Laura - you never stop! Hope this weekend is a little more sedate. Either way enjoy!