Wednesday 20 October 2010

I'm leaving....

....on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again, oh babe I hate to go....tra-la-la (all sing along!! haha)

Yes today we leave. Winnie and Sara have already left. At 7am this morning they took the bus to Dublin and very soon will be on their way to their homeland. They have had a terrific time. Winnie soooo enjoyed being here so I don't think it will be her last time in wee Norn Iron!

Leah and I just have to pack, shower and do a bit of cleaning before we are also on our way to Dublin. We too have had a brilliant time! It was just too short!!

So to end my stay in Ireland I want to share a joke with you. Those of you who saw me when I was home have already heard it. I told it everywhere I went. The funny thing was to see Sara, Winnie and Leah's face when I told it - they didn't understand it but everyone else in the room would burst into laughter. They would sit looking amazed that people could think that this joke was funny. So here goes.....

Mia Farrah and Susan Boyle went to see the Pope. Mia Farrah went in first and when she came out Susan Boyle asked her nervously what you had to do when you went in. Mia explained that you go in, kiss the popes ring, accept a blessing and then give him a gift. Susan looks worried. "I don't have a gift for him" she said. Mia hands her a scarf with silver fringing that she had been wearing and tells her to give this to him. Susan goes in, kisses the popes ring, accepts the blessing and then drapes the scarf around his neck. "What is this?" the Pope askes to which Susan Boyle replies..........

.......wait for it.....................................

"IT'S THE SASH MIA FARRAH WORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" HAHAHAHA

anybody reading this who doesn't get it, don't worry, it's not because you're thick, you just have to have grown up in Northern Ireland to understand it.

1 comment:

lisa said...

hahahahaha!!!! I laughed my head off!!!