Thursday 14 October 2010

Let´s make a date mate....

...well that´s the advice I`m always giving to others!

"Keep romance alive!" "Make dates!" you will hear me say. Well, last night I decided to listen to myself and I put into action some of my own advice!!I arranged a date with hubby!

We started the evening by going out to eat. We needed a place that was cheap but we also wanted somewhere nice, so the chinese restaurant won. Value for money, cosy and delicious food as well!
It was sooo great to be out together. Even after 20 years of seeing each other day in and day out, I still enjoy going out on dates and just hanging out with Kristian. We always have fun. (Ok you can now go get a bucket and throw up!!haha) But it was especially nice to be out last night as the last few months have been crazy for us both, so it was nice to take time out for each other.
When dinner was finished we headed to the cinema. Our mobile telephone company do special VIP film nights. Two people can get into the cinema for the price of one. The film we went to see was called "The Town". We didn´t know much about it, (just that it was cheap ticket night!!) I actually thought we were going in to see some spy/action film, but I was wrong!! It turned out to be a good film. Some action and a little love. Not one I would watch again but it was ok for our evening out. ( I enjoy funny movies or movies that make you feel good when they are over.)

So now I think I am going to take my own advice a little more often and make more date nights, more often! Anyone else up for the challenge?!!


2 comments:

Charlene said...

good for you girl! You really do need a wee break for just the two of you. I feel like running away with Philip - it's the only way I'd get to see him alone! He just said to me the other day that it must be about a year since we've been out on our own. So roll on payday! And you start saving for your next date.

Laura said...

yeah we talked about it last night, that we needed to do this more often. We talked about doing it once a week, but not going out, just arranging a night and doing something, should it be a drive to the beach for a walk. Just to get out a few hours and do something. So now I am working on ideas that don´t cost anything. I´ll keep u posted if any of them are any good:-) hahaha But you go for a date with Philip, it is soooo good to do it:-)