Monday 26 March 2012

Home at last....

Today at 10.20am my father-in-law finally went home to be with Jesus. Something he has been looking forward to for 56 years of his life, but something he has been LONGING for, for the last 2 weeks.

Kristian, his mum and his brothers and sisters were with his dad when he died.


The rest of us joined them as soon as we got the word that he had gone from this world to the next. 

It has been such a special day. Kristian´s 3 brothers, their wives, his 2 sisters and their husbands as well as the grandchildren were gathered together to say goodbye. I feel so privileged to be a part of this family. They really are something special (and I mean special in the good way here!) and Johs was a special father-in-law too. He welcomed me into his family from day one. He accepted me for who I was, my crazy ideas and all and he just loved me like one of his own daughters. It has been a privilege for me to know him these last 22 years.


When I get sad I think about where he is and I know he wouldn´t change places.


I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes, one I want read at my own funeral....


"One day you will read in the paper that I am dead. Don´t believe it, I am very much alive!" How true that is and how true for my father-in-law. We might think he is dead but he is very much alive tonight!

No comments: