Friday 16 March 2012

A special afternoon....

It has been a special afternoon. 


We went to visit Kristian´s dad. He is going quickly downhill and so we decided we would go in and see him. It was late afternoon when we arrived and a few other of Kristian´s brothers and sisters were there. Suddenly it was a whole big family gathering. Really lovely.


We spent a lovely few hours there with the family and especially with my father-in-law. He was tired and was resting on top of the bed. One by one we went in to speak with him and to say, what might be, our final good-bye to him. It was his wish to see us one at a time and I had a wonderful time talking to him. 


He told me about how his life changed 56 years ago when he met Jesus at Capernwray Hall. We talked about his different experiences with the Lord through those 56 years and we talked about the hope that he had now. He had so much peace and joy and his eyes shone when we talked about heaven and him soon being with Jesus. I told him to give my mum a big hug from me when he saw her - he said he would:-)


He has been such a good father-in-law to me. He welcomed me into his family from day one and has loved me like a daughter. I thanked him for that. He told me to continue to be as crazy as I am! haha He loves my crazy plans and ideas!! hahaha 


So it really was a special afternoon. We all had our special time with him. Andrew and Leah had their time too. (Sara wasn´t able to make it but will be going tomorrow, after work, to spend the evening.)


So we all said our goodbyes to him, yet it was more like we were saying "Johs, we´ll see you again in a little while!" 

1 comment:

Etta said...

Really moving post Laura. Thanks.