Saturday 3 March 2012

Overwhelmed.....

Well at times during this past week I did feel a bit overwhelmed! There is a lot happening in my life at the moment and there just doesn´t seem to be enough hours in a day.


Last Sunday we spent the afternoon with Kristian´s mum and dad. His dad isn´t during so well and is going for some tests this week at the hospital. It was really lovely to get to spend the afternoon with them.













A few years ago when I worked for CEF here in Denmark, I had the job of creating illustrated Bible verses, songs, quizzes and idea packs for the kids club. We made a lot of material back then, enough to fill a 5 year plan. 



Last week CEF asked me if I would be interested in making a few more new Bible verses for them. I said yes, I enjoy being creative and thought it would be fun.


The plan was to make a few last weekend and a few this weekend, unfortunately nothing ever goes as planned, especially when working with technology.


 I got myself a disc drive for my wee laptop so I could read the discs they would send me with loads of clipart on them. However when the discs arrived I couldn´t open any of the clipart. Arrrrgh!!!!


 I searched the web and eventually found a way to open the files but this took a few evenings of downloading different things and trying different things. 


I was starting to fell overwhelmed! How would I make all these verses, be a wife and mother, cook and clean,  look after a full time job and visit my old lady friend! On top of that I was feeling so tired.  Arrghhh - life was starting to feel overwhelming! Then I remembered  Isaiah 40,31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint!"  I needed to wait on the Lord - phew everything was ok again!


Finally I got the clip art open. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a few Bible verses made.


I got a new colleague this week. Her name is Rock `n`Roll Rita.


The kids in our 4th- 6th grades are doing a project to raise money for Cambodia. They have to help clean around the house, then they get friends and family to sponsor them for doing it. Rock `n` Roll Rita arrived at the assembly to give the kids some cleaning tips. Such fun!


My old lady friend said yes to an apartment in the nursing home so we will have to move for her over the next few weeks. I think she is going to be very happy there.


Leah has been sick with a throat infection. It started on Wednesday and by Friday it was a lot worse. I had to leave work early on Friday to take her to the doctors. They checked her over and discovered it was just a virus and so there was no medicine for her. Just TLC, a warm bed, hot drinks and panodil. 


Jette, Filip and the children were meant to come Friday evening for a cosy evening with us. We would make dinner together and watch X-factor but since Leah was not well we had to cancel. I was really looking forward to playing with Josephine and Jonathan again. I had even bought a McDonalds cash register and food (on sale going really cheap) so we could play lets pretend! haha Ah well there will be another Friday evening some time soon!


Today I was at a meeting in the church for all who work with the children or youth. We started at 10am by eating brunch together, then there was a session of teaching and group work. It was a really good day. It ended at 2pm and I headed into town. The weather was beautiful, a real spring day. I parked at the castle and wandered up through the castle grounds to the town. I wandered around the shops for a while before heading home. 

No comments: