Tuesday 20 March 2012

Silver Wedding....

Saturday we were invited to our friends 25th Wedding Anniversary. The day started at 10am with a music café bruch which meant that there was an open microphone for people to freely go and perform songs or pieces of music, for those of us sitting around eating brunch.


It was a brilliant morning. From 10am to 1pm we were entertained by all sorts of musical talent. It was fantastic to hear all the different types of talent. The silver wedding couple are very musical and so are their families.


My own wee family took part in the performances. Kristian played a few songs on his sax (Henrik - the "groom"  played the piano.) Leah sang a few pieces with two friends from her choir. They did really well. Not only was the entertainment great, the food was great too! I sooo enjoyed the american pancakes with syrup - totally yummy!

We were home from the brunch at about 2pm and a few hours later we were getting ready for the big evening party. We had been invited to that too. So we got all dressed up and away Kristian and I went to that. We had a fantastic evening and once again the food was great. We finally arrived home at 3.30am!! We really are getting too old to be out so late! We were totally exhausted!


I have always said that we would not hold anything for our 25th but after having experienced this silver wedding I could be tempted to hold a party. I have usually been so against doing anything because the Danish tradition is to be woken at 6am by a flock of singing family and friends. The idea of having guests at 6am does not appeal to me. I hate being up so early, but a brunch at 10am - that I can handle! So maybe I should start saving - there are only 3 1/2 years to our silver wedding - scary or what?!!!

No comments: