Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Father-in-law....

My wonderful Father-in-law has had some sad news. They have discovered that he has a large cancerous tumor on the pancreas which has also spread to different areas in his body.  He has decided not to have treatment. At the age of 83 and with a bad heart, he has decided to enjoy his last days on this earth without having to go through the side effects of treatment.

(Kristian´s mum and dad on their 50th wedding anniversary. Lots of laughter!)

It is sad news for us as a family yet my father-in-law is such an example to us. He is not sad or worried, or anxious. He is about to make a journey that will top all other journeys he has had. (And he has made a few good ones in his lifetime!!) He is looking forward and looking up because he knows when the time comes to leave here and make that journey, he will finally be home - really home. (Oh I get homesick for heaven sometimes!) He is a wonderful man who loves the Lord and has many years of close friendship with him and that shows!


So even though our hearts are sad at the news we have a peace too. I honestly don´t know how people live and cope with life without God. I would seriously have fallen apart by now if I didn´t have him in my life.

No comments: