Friday 23 March 2012

Special moments

Kristian has spent the day with his dad and family. 

His dad is nearing the end of the road and so the family were gathered together, I joined them after work. It was a special time for Kristian and it meant a lot for him to be able to spend the day there.

His dad is very weak and is sleeping for the most, but in between times they have had some special moments. One of those was when his dad woke up and asked Kristian to go and buy some roses for his mum - Jette. His dad then gave the roses to Jette as a token of his love, but he added that the most beautiful rose was Jette. 

Kristian took a picture of the two of them with their roses and sent the photo to me with an explanation. I received the text and photo while in the supermarket. Well talk about getting emotional. I walked around the supermarket with the tears blinding me. It took me a while to recover. 

His dad´s greatest wish now is to pass from this life unto the next. Signe, Kristian´s sister, asked him a few times today if there was anything he needed - "Yes" he replied "I need to die!" was his answer every time. He is so weak, he can´t eat and he is now on medication for pain relieve. We are all hoping and praying that he very soon gets his wish. 

It really has been a special day together with him and the family. Precious memories.

No comments: