Monday 14 January 2013

A weekend with family and friends....

 On Saturday afternoon we had Kristian´s mum visiting. She came for coffee and cake and stayed on for dinner. We had such a lovely afternoon. 

The evening was spent watching old home movies from when the kids were small. They were so cute! 
Then we watched Handball on TV.  Denmark is taking part in the World Championships so we had to see their first match - they won!

 It was lovely to have the afternoon and evening with my mother-in-law. All the horrible stories about mother-in-laws do not apply to mine....I have been blessed with a very special lady!

On Sunday afternoon our friends Jette and Filip came to visit wth their two children. It has been ages since we last saw them. It was the first time for Filip to see our new place. I think he liked it! (Jette has been here a few times with the kids.) 

Kristian and him love music. Filip plays the drums, Kristian plays the sax and they both seem to have the same taste in music. They are forever listening to all types of (weird) music when they get together! Jette and I do NOT share their taste in music. So we just enjoy hanging out together talking, laughing and dreaming!

The kids loved being with Andrew and Leah. They played games with them all afternoon. One big hit was hide and seek. It was fun to see my two big kids try and find hiding places around the house. Its been years since they did that! Another big hit was the computer! Andrew and Jonathan got creative doing some painting on there.



Filip also got to play computer. He got to try out some of Kristian´s racing games. 


All in all it was a lovely weekend. Productive and yet relaxing!

Today (Monday) when I woke it was snowing!!! Oh NOOOOO !!! I didn´t want anymore snow. Snow is only for December!! Ah well it wasn´t too bad driving to work but it did snow all morning, so by the time I was finished there was a good bit of snow about the place. 

It has been snowing all evening so I am so thankful for our warm cosy home. I am about to climb into my PJs and get into bed with a good book. Ahhh nothing better than that on a cold winters night:-)

No comments: