Thursday 17 January 2013

Packing again and soon on the move.....

....this time to London!!!

On 6th June 2012 I discovered that Donny Osmond was doing a UK tour in January 2013. He would be in Belfast the last Wednesday in January.  This was unfortunate as I only had 1 holiday day left to use and I couldn´t make it over and back in one day. Then I noticed he was in London on the Sunday. This was much better. I could use my last holiday day on the Monday so I could travel home. 

I asked Kristian if he fancied going to London with me to see Donny. He was NOT interested! He told me to ask some of my girlfriends and see if they would go along. He then added that if I absolutely couldn´t get anyone to go, he would go with me. (Isn´t he a gem! I think he really is a secret Donny fan!



So I put as my facebook status: "Anybody want to go and see Donny Osmond in London with me in January?"  Many of my friends said NO THANKYOU!!! haha (They were not big Donny fans, or maybe it was a weekend with me in London that didn´t appeal to them!.-) 

Just when I thought no one was interested and was about to give up, Helen, an old friend from school wrote to me. She would love to go to the concert with me. She thought a girls weekend away in London sounded like fun. So that night we bought the tickets, booked the flights and we were set to go to London in January!

The last time Helen and I saw each other was about 18 or 19 years ago. We were great friends at school and we kept in touch a few years after leaving school. When I came to Denmark we kept in touch the first few years that I was here, but then we lost touch with each other. It was only last year, when she appeared on facebook, that we re-kindled the friendship.

So tomorrow (Friday18th) after work I head to the airport and fly to London Stansted to meet Helen. We will then travel to Greenwich to our hotel and spend the weekend exploring London, finishing with a Donny concert on Sunday evening. We fly home Monday afternoon.  I am now getting really excited about it all. Just praying for no snow!!! I know the UK goes to a stand still in snow and Helen has the tickets for the concert. If she can´t fly then I am on my own for a weekend in London without getting to see Donny:-(

So the night before my big trip my friend and neighbour, Laura and her daughter Mia, came over to say goodbye. She had baked a delicious hot fudge chocolate cake - boy was it good! I supplied the tea and coffee. I went into the kitchen to get the tea and when I came back into the living room again Leah, Mia, and Laura were sitting on the sofa with posters of Donny in front of their faces. They started to sing "And they called it Puppy love!" adding their own words as they went along as they didn´t really know the song! Sooo crazy and sooo much fun. I had to laugh! 

2 comments:

teri-free2bme said...

Praying for no snow on your travels! How exciting for you and Helen!!! I wonder if Donny will be wearing purple socks? Have fun!!!

BTW... It's been fun catching back up on blogging~ I've missed you, blog friend!

Etta Wils said...

Lol Laura hope its a good concert - I've been talked into a girly outing to the Belfast one! (I was more of a Bowie and Bay City Roller girl.....). Look forward to hearing the Craig. :-D

(and hello Teri! Good to see you back in blog land! I'm Wils, but can't remember my log in....)