Monday 21 January 2013

Hillsongs, Primark and Donny.....

....can a day get much better than this?

So the day started with us heading off to Hillsongs London. I discovered I knew a few people there - Danes. About 4 or 5 past pupils from my school were there so it was fun to chat with them. I heard that there were two guests there that Sunday, Christine Caine and Lisa Harper. I know Christine Caine and love to listen to her preach but I had never heard of Lisa Harper. They wouldn´t tell us at the start who was preaching, just that it would be one of them. I was hoping it would be Christine but in fact it turned out to be Lisa Harper and what a great message she gave about the compassion of Jesus. She was really good, so I was actually glad to get to hear her. Christine would speak at the following service at 1.15pm. It was a wonderful church service, one we both enjoyed.

 After church we found a lovely sandwich shop and had really delicious sandwiches for lunch while having a great conversation about what we had heard at church.  We then walked along Oxford Street exploring the place and discovered a Primark!!! It was huge and really lovely. My girls would have loved it. I didn´t buy anything - oops I did, a new purse for myself! My other purse was an embrasssement, it was falling to pieces!


 After exploring Oxford Street for a few hours we headed back to the hotel to warm up! It was freezing outside! We once again ate dinner in the hotel´s restaurant. The food was good and wasnt exspensive. Then it was off to the Donny and Maire show in the O2 arena.



 We were sooo excited and happy to be seeing Donny! 

It was a fantastic concert but it was all over too quickly. It was a dream come true to see Donny live, so we were on a bit of a high after the concert!

I didn´t stay high too long. When I got back to the hotel my sister-in-law had sent an email to say Dad was not doing well. Since 1st January dad has been complaining of pain. At first we thought he was getting the flu but the pains got worse and started to move about his body. He got pain killers but they didn´t seem to help. When I talked to him on Friday he sounded weary and tired and the pain was worse. Gillian confirmed to me what I had feared....Dad was going down hill. What should I do? I made a decision - I would fly home to Belfast from London instead of going back to Denmark.

 Dad is in the hospital now. He is not doing good, I can see a change in him from the last time I saw him one month ago. He slept most of the time that I was there with him this evening. I, hopefully, will get to talk to some Doctor tomorrow and hear more about what to expect etc.  

3 comments:

fiona said...

Laura - you and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers - fiona

Lorraine said...

Was thinking of you all day. Lots of love xxxxxxxx

Laura said...

Thanks Fiona:-) Thanks Lorraine:-)