Tuesday 1 January 2013

5 Years old today....

...is my blog. I started my blog 1st January 2008 and I suppose I didn´t really believe it would last too long. My reason for starting was to keep a sort of journal or diary of my life. A place to record what we had been up to as a family, a place to record thoughts and dreams. 

 Every year (for as long as I can remember) at the start of January I would try to keep a journal but because it was always handwritten it never lasted long - I hate to write but LOVE to type. So way back in January 2008 when I started this blog I wondered if it would last. 

Was hating to write really the reason I never kept up with my journal, maybe I wasn´t really the type to keep a journal?!  Well now I know that I do enjoy keeping a journal and all along it was the writing that kept me from it. I love to sit down in the evenings and type about my day or week. It is really wonderful to have a record of the things we have done over the last 5 years. 

Sometimes I pick a date out and say to Kristian "What do you think we were doing in the month of April 2010? "  He has no idea and I always try to guess. (Usually I guess wrong) Then we go in and check out the blog! Usually we have done something that I have long ago forgot about, a walk by a lake or a trip out for an ice cream, then all the memories come flooding back. I can highly recommend it. 

So even if no one visits and no one reads this blog, I don´t mind. It´s my record of my life. Who knows maybe in the year 2089 someone will discover it and enjoy following my life, way back in the good old days!

Happy New Year:-

Another new year with new goals and dreams. Must admit I have been getting a bit worried lately. A few years back after seeing the film "The Bucket List"  I made a bucket list, you know the list of things you want to do before you die (kick the bucket). Well not so long ago I looked at this list and I realised that alot of my wishes have now been ticked!! What does that mean?? Am I going to kick the bucket soon? haha Hope not - although the thought of going home to heaven is rather appealing! Maybe it means I just need to make a longer list! haha I`ll go with the last one!

So 2013 is here. My first goal is to get back into shape. In 2008 I achieved that. I lost 16kg within 4 months! I kept the weight off for a while but over the last 2 years I have put 10kg back on! 

So today starts a new life style for me. No more unhealthy eating, lots more exercise and hopefully in a few months time I will be 10kg lighter.

Last night we had a lovely quiet new year together here at home.We are not big "New Year Party" people. I love to be home and think about the old year and make plans for the new. Kristian and I had planned a bit of a date night at home.Leah was going to a party at the church and we thought Andrew  was going out with some friends. However Andrew decided he would rather spend New Year at home. (He is like us - not a big party person!) So it ended up just being us 3.

I made some nice food.....


 A starter that was so big it nearly filled us up! It was delicious. Smoked salmon wraps with cream cheese, dild and avacado. A tuna mousse and a delicious prawn salad.:-) Rather yummie!


 The evening was spent being together. It was lovely.

Just before midnight we logged unto Skype and got in touch with my dad. He was able to toast the New Year in with us via video call. It was nearly as good as him being here with us.

2 comments:

Etta Wils said...

Don't stop blogging Laura - I nip in quite often even though I don't often leave a comment. I'm with you on the healthier lifestyle drive this year - and on extending the bucket list!

Hoping 2013 brings much to rejoice over! Love to the family and your dad.

Ex

Anonymous said...



Hi Love it's Dad. Why not get 100 A4 sheets & print it out,then mount it in a nice folder. Love Dad
xo