Sunday 21 December 2008

Almost there....

....only a few more days to go till Christmas!! (and only 1 more day at work!!)

What a busy weekend it has been - but it has also been so productive and good.

It all started Friday night....now what did happen on Friday evening??? I can´t remember right now - it seems sooooo long ago and I wont even try to think about what we did, my brain might go into overdriver and explode!!

Then there was Saturday - now that I can remember!

We were up at 7.30am...now that is a very rare happening in our family, on a Saturday morning!


Kristian and I were going off to clean the church, it was our groups turn. We were starting with breakfast, so I needed to be there at 8.30am with bread and coffee.

We spent a few productive hours at church getting it cleaned. Then off to town Christmas shopping. Lots of people everywhere, however they all seemed to be in a good mood and people were actually talking to each other while standing in the queue waiting to be served (now that´s a rare happening in Denmark!) Rather cosy though. I rather enjoyed it!

Kristian and I had split up as we needed to buy Christmas presents for each other. However I kept bumping into Kristian....and I honestly wasnt following him. In one shop I bumped into him and he had to hide, behind his back, a potential present for me. The sales person came over and asked if he could help us with anything, to this Kristian replied "Yes, please get my wife out of the shop!" The poor sales fella didnt know what to do. (I left of my own free will!)

Then our church was meeting to carol sing in the middle of town, while typical Danish Christmas treats were handed out to those passing by, along with hot chocolate. After singing for half an hour, we left. It was out to buy a Christmas tree.

Now what a job that was! Can it really be so hard....yes, believe me, it can!! We couldnt find one which we really liked, they were either too tall, or too small, too bushy or too skinny. HONESTLY!! Well in the end we just bought one. It´s not the nicest tree we have ever had, but hey, it will do the job! (The cat will probably have it torn to pieces within the next few days anyway!)


Late afternoon we came home and I started to clean and organise. I cleared out cupboards and wardrobes and under beds. I cleaned every nook and cranny. WOW it felt good. By midnight most of the house was finished and I was feeling very pleased with myself.



Then after church today, Kristian and I decided, along with my friend Laura and her daughter Mia, to go and visit the ship LOGOS HOPE. It has been in Denmark since the summer. They were having a theme "'Christmas around the world" so we decided to go and check it out. We had a brilliant afternoon.


I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw the bookshop!! Poor Kristian, Leah and Mia, they were tired waiting on Laura and me....we went a bit mad. (to say the least!) Everything was sooo cheap. The pile of books I have only cost me £20!!

Then it was around to see how they hold Christmas around the world. Met this guy from Australia - some weird looking people from down there!! haha


Leah and Mia got to try and hold Christmas on the beach like in Australia


Just had to get my photo taken at the United Kingdom one!


Then it was off to the coffee shop for hot chocolate and cake. Ice cream for Kristian and the kids.


We ended the afternoon with a tour of the ship.


Then when we got home we had a quick dinner and then it was time to get the tree decorated. Finally!!


Roll on Christmas!!

No comments: