Saturday 27 December 2008

Boxing day

When I was a teenager Boxing day was spent out in the cold playing hockey!! (Anyone remember those days??)

How I loved getting up early and meeting down at the church with a bunch of my friends. We would drive off to the hockey/football fields. The boys and men of the church would play football while us girls played hockey (although if we were truthful, our minds and eyes were more on the boys playing football than the hockey game that we were meant to be playing - there was always some boy out there playing, that one of us fancied! haha) Ah, those were the days!!


Now days I dont think I have enough puff in me to run around a hockey pitch and play a game!! So it is just as well that my Boxing day was spent in a much more relaxed manner.


We spent the day each doing his and her own thing. Leah was busy with her hair salon, Andrew was playing some games, Sara downloading music to her new ipod, Kristian was racing cars in his wee cupboard.Then later in the day the kids all watched DVD´s together. I spent the day sitting in the living room painting. I thought I would put my new canvas´s to good use. So I had a wonderful relaxing afternoon painting. Below is the results..... WINTER WONDERLAND....

3 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Glad you all had such a great Christmas. What a pain the postman told Sara what was in the parcel!!! I would actually contact the local office and complain about that, it's very unprofessional.

I love your artwork and you certainly are putting your canvases to good use. My mum had a look at your blog. She said Sara is just the spitting image of you and that you haven't changed one bit.

They really enjoyed seeing your family now.

I certainly do remember those very happy, early Boxing Days playing Hockey. Mr Kelly was the worst player of all. I remember he wacked the ball straight up the pitch and it hit me on the ankle. Boy did it hurt, he said "stop your complainin' and get on with the game". Some compassion there from our beloved minister!!!

Rhoda said...

Oops, don't know how my comment ended up under your happy kids post! Well it's there, and I'm not about to rewrite it!

Laura said...

Rhoda you asked what kristian got ...well he got a few new shirts and a couple pairs of jeans and some DVD´s - Top Gear DVD´s and a few films - so he was happy.

hope you are feeling better by now....