Tuesday 23 December 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone

It´s finally here - Christmas!! If you´re living in Denmark and haven´t bought your gift by now...well, it´s too late, all the shops are now closed until Saturday!

It has been another busy day. I was up early this morning, together with Kristian. He had work today, so I was driving him there so I could have the car to shop for food. I thought getting to the shops early would mean no people and no queues - how wrong I was!! The place was packed. But I wasn´t stressed so it was actually really cosy and people were even talking to each other in the queues - I had a nice natter with quite a few people. It really makes shopping so much more pleasant.

After a few hours of shopping, it was home to put everything away. A quick tidy up of the place (I had cleaned it all at the weekend) and then I was ready to go and visit one of my old people from my time in HomeHelp. I keep in touch with a few of them. Those who dont have any family. So I went by today with some small gifts and had a wonderful few hours.

Then I went shopping again....I just cant get enough!! Actually I just went to pick up Sara from work, but I was ½ hour early so I had a quick wander around the shops. When we came home Kristian had dinner ready.....I feel so relaxed, everything is so under control that it feels weird....I surely must have forgotten something???!!!

After dinner we decided to make sweets with marcipan and nougat. A Danish tradition, which we love doing. So on went the Christmas music, and out came the marcipan and nougat.

Andrew just ate the marcipan instead off making sweets. Everytime he cut a piece off it just seemed to make it´s way into his mouth!!

Sara got very creative and made a Lewis Hamilton face.


And I made a snowman. Ahhhhh! However some of our other attempts were not just as creative - or they just didnt turn out the way we wanted!
But we enjoyed making them, and eating half the marcipan and nougat while doing it!!
So tomorrow is the big day over here. We are soooo looking forward to being together with all of Kristian´s family. We all really enjoy being together, and that is a real blessing. To have a family were literally everyone gets on really well with each other is such a privilege. It´s always a pleasure to get together and something we look forward too.
I hope that you and your family will have wonderful Christmas. It has been fun keeping this blog. Thank you for following our lives here in Denmark....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Laura, I hope you all have a lovely day, I'm sure you will.

Your wee cookies look great!

What a difference between Denmark and here, our shops literally close for 1 day! I think it's really sad, for it means that those who work in shops don't get time to spend with their friends & families:-(

We are having our Indian friends here - with meat! So that's good. The food is all in my fridge, and I hope not to be near a shop tomorrow! Might even get my house cleaned from top to bottom too? No probably not!!!!

Anyway my dear - it's been amazing being back in touch with you, and getting to know some of your great friends too.

Have a great Christ centred christmas:-)

A wee ps for you and everybody else. I bought a brilliant book last week - I highly recommended it. 'Jesus through middle eastern eyes'. Put it like this, I already see Christmas differently!!!!! (And I've only read that section:-). It's brilliant - well worth the money. You might be surprised to know that some of our understand of the Christmas story comes from a novel written 200 years after Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisa said...

Happy Christmas to you and all your family! Hope you all have a lovely time - laugh loads and eat lots xxx