Wednesday 31 December 2008

Happy New Year

Imagine 5 girls - 1 bathroom!! What chaos!!

Sara had her 3 friends over this afternoon so they could get ready for tonights party. They were going to some other friends house to eat dinner and have a New Years Eve party. So Sara and her 3 friends, plus Leah who was also getting ready for our New Years Eve, took over the bathroom. How long can it take 5 girls to get ready???!!! LONG!! My girls certainly dont take after me in that area - I can get ready in 15 minutes!! (but then I never look as good as they do!)


Finally they were out of the bathroom and all ready to leave. (What beauties...you wouldnt think that all 4 girls are mad about go-kart racing - but even in their racing suits they look good!!)


Anway they left and we were finally able to get into the bathroom to get ready before our guests came. Only one problem....they had used all the hot water!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!! Cold showers for the rest of us!
Kristian wasn´t feeling the best. He thought he was getting over the cold/flu thing but as the day went on he was starting to feel more miserable - so he went into bed for an hour while I got dinner ready.

Our friend Laura and her daughter Mia were coming for dinner,then after dinner we would head over to our neighbours for coffee, tea, and cake - something we have done for the last few years.

After we ate - and by the way the food was delicicous, even if I say so myself, we totally flopped unto the sofa and relaxed. The recliners went back and we sat/lay and watched a film that was on TV, Kristian half slept on the sofa. Just my kind of New Year - no stress.
Leah and Mia were playing happily together in her bedroom.
Around 9.30pm we headed over to our neighbours. Kristian and I decided to have some fun and we took on a couple of wigs to see if it would help our appearance.....it sure gave our friends a laugh.
A little background information about the wigs. I had seen these wigs in the supermarket but they cost £5 each, which I wasn´t going to pay. Now I love a bargin - so I was keeping an eye on them. I knew they would come down in price as they are in the supermarket especially for New Year.

So this afternoon about 1 hour before closing I went to the supermarket and checked them out. Yes - they were set down to....wait for it......50p!!!!! Can you believe it?!!! So I bought 7 different wigs!!!! Don´t ask me what I am going to do with 7 wigs...haha - they were cheap. I got 7 for the under the price of what 1 wig would have cost. Now that´s a bargin!! haha

Well, now for another story....this afternoon Sara rang just as I had come home from the supermarket with the wigs. Winnie and she were up in town and wondered if I would pick them up. I said I would. They said they were in the supermarket and I said I would meet them there.... thats when I got the idea. I would wear one of the wigs and go meet them!!!

So on went the wig with the rollers and I drove up to town, parked the car and walked over to the supermarket -the looks I got were hilarious. I was trying to keep a straight face. I walked into the supermarket just as Winnie and Sara walked out, so we actually nearly bump into each other. " Oh no it´s my mum" shouts Sara, while Winnie and she burst into laughter. It was rather funny...they just couldnt believe I would actually go out in public in a wig like that, especially in the town that I live in!! haha

Well back to this evening.....we headed over to our neighbours and had such a brilliant evening with them. Andrew and their son are best friends and they are the sweetest, nicest people you could meet. (My other friend Rhona and husband were meant to also be there too, but unfortunately they were down with some bug as well. We missed you Rhona and Peng.)
We ate cake and talked and before we knew it was 11.45pm and time to go in and see the traditional TV clip that is shown every year at 11.45pm "Dinner for one" and every year we laugh at the same funny things.


Then it was time to toast in the New Year. Then out to the fireworks. In Denmark everyone buys fireworks for the New Year and at midnight the place goes mad. It´s really beautiful - fireworks going off everywhere.

It was cold!! So it was nice to come into some warm Tortoise Stew - (it´s not really Tortoise - just the name gives the impression. It´s an old Danish dish that has different meats in it and is served with boiled egg.) I had never tried it before and it was really delicious.
The night went by too quickly, before we knew it it was 2am and we thought we better head home. It has been a really lovely New Year.


(Leah with her 2009 glasses)
Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2009 is a good year for you all.

No comments: