Thursday 1 January 2009

Do you have a dream?

When we were down at the Logos Hope Kristian bought a CD by BeBe Winans. One of the songs has become a favourite of mine, it´s called "I have a dream". (You can listen to it by pressing the button down below.)It´s a song made out of Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream" speech.

Martin Luther King had a dream.....it might have looked like an impossible dream at the time.... but he dared dream it. "I have a dream" is sung over and over again in the song and it really spoke to me. How important it is to dream....

Last year, at the start of 2008, I had a dream. I dreamed about losing weight. I dreamed about being a fitter, healthlier person - and believe me it looked like an impossible dream at the time for me.....but with hard work and dedication my dream did come true.

What is your dream for 2009? Does it seem impossible?? Well don´t give up - grab that dream, work at it, be dedicated - you CAN see your dream fulfilled.

Suppose what I just want to say in this post is, allow yourself to dream. If you don´t have a dream - get one! Take time out, search your heart. What do you burn for? What are you longing for? Find your dream and go for it. The road towards making that dream come true may not be easy, it may be costly, it may be hard work, but when the dream is reached, it is worth it all.

What if Martin Luther King never had dreamed...what if he had given up on his dream?

Martin Luther said and I quote "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." I believe his children have seen that dream fulfilled by the election of the first black president. If only he could have seen it too.

The road to fulfilling Martin Luther Kings dream was long, the road was hard and costly but Martin Luther King dared to dream and he dared to dream BIG!! His dream inspired others to dream.

Whatever your dream is for 2009 I hope you embrase it with a passion. Keep it before you and go for it!! and who knows, your dream could also be an inspiration to others...








I Have a Dream - BeBe Winans

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

I wonder would even MLK ever have thought that his dream could be fullfiled so completely?! I mean a black president of the USA, and within 40 years? That is amazing, although also tragic that it's taken so long - I don't mean since his dream, but in the developed world, that it's taken us centuries to accept all as equal.

I have two dreams for this year, and I can't do anything about either of them! So maybe you guys would all pray for me? Thanks! One is that David would get work. (He not only needs work, he needs a dose of positive attitude to do something about it!)
The second one, is for God to do a miracle and get me my Iranian passport - long story, but it really will take a miracle, and without it I cannot go back to Iran.
If you're interested in the details I can email you, just let me know.

Laura I laughed and laughed at your story about meeting Sara wearing your wig. I can just imagine that she was mortified! Brilliant! I would love to have seen that! That is just priceless. Can you imagine how many people talked about you that evening over dinner? "You'll never believe what I saw today at the supermarkert . . ." "No way - you're kidding?!" (Or however you say all of that in Danish:-))

(See I read back over all the blogs!!!!)

Now it's 11.55 and I've been dreaming about getting to bed before midnight, so if I'm going to get anywhere close to that I'd better go quick:-)