Wednesday 7 January 2009

Still alive and kicking

...doesnt time fly!!! It´s been a while since you heard anything from me but life has been busy. Nothing exciting, mind you - just normal everyday things, like work - washing - cleaning - shopping - cooking and, the thing I love most of all (NOT) - making packed lunches!!!

Yes - its´back to porridge here in Denmark. It´s actually been ok getting back into the routine of things. I was ready to go back to work - although now after 3 days I am ready for holiday again!! haha (not because I dont like work - I just dont like getting up early in the morning!)

So basically I haven´t posted anything cause I really didnt think I had anything interesting to say. So now here I am waffling away, trying desperately to think of something interesting to tell you.

Well, I could tell you about the weather!! (WOW) We did have our first "real" cold weather. On Monday when I woke it was minus 9 degree´s - boy could you feel that! (I felt like crawling back under the duvet, but didnt - I got myself ready for work instead.) But when I went to unlock my bike, the lock was frozen! Panic, panic, cause I needed to catch a train, and buy my monthly ticket before that, so it was a mad rush up to the house to get a bottle of hot water, which did the trick. I got the lock opened and started to bike - then my gears were frozen, so I had to bike all the way to the station in first gear. My legs were going a mile a minute but my bike was not going anywhere fast!! and it was cold - soooo cold. But by some miracle I did get to buy my monthly ticket and I still made the train. (I believe it was the power of prayer - honestly - I was praying the whole way up to the station that I would make the train!)

Oh, another wee story about prayer. Kristian couldnt find his keys. Sunday evening we were getting everthing organised for work, like our keys, finding gloves, packing bags etc. Well Kristian realised his keys were missing so we started to look for them. We looked in all the usual places - we turned the place upside down. Well after about an hour of this, he was starting to get really worried - where could they be? - he needed them for work the next day. So I prayed and said something along these lines - "God you are a God who is interested in all the little details of our lives so please help us find the keys - I move this mountain in Jesus name - Thank you that we will find the keys"

I then got this thought about looking in the cleaning cupboard in our hall. I laughed to myself and thought "That´s a waste of time they wont be in there " but decided to open and look anyway. Well what do you think was lying in the box with our cleaning stuff - YES - Kristians keys!! (Now who would put keys away in such a place???!!! Eh? -Probably me!! I do things like that if I am clearing up and thinking about something else at the same time - but dont let on to Kristian!! - I am still denying it was me! haha)

Then our wee cat is going to the vet next week to get sterlised, but what do you think happened on Monday? She went into heat! Typical!

Andrew rang me at work and told me the cat was acting all weird. She wouldnt stop meowing, was extra loving, was rolling around the floor weirdly and was always sticking her bum up at him (you get the picture?! ) So for 2 days we have had constant meowing, although thankfully at night she has been quiet. I read that it can last from 2 - 19 days!!(so I was in a bit of a panic that she would be like this for 19 days!!) However already today she isnt meowing as much, and is returning to her more normal behaviour - it´s only when Andrew comes out that the meowing starts...I think she quite fancies him!!

Ok I think I better end now. Kristian and I are going to go and plan our summer holidays. We have a few bouchures to look through. Yipieeeee love doing that!

4 comments:

lisa said...

-9!!!!! How hard it must have been to leave your nice warm bed! Glad to see your still blogging though!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Oh the thought of summer holidays and happy children playing and frolicking in the sun!!! I keep thinking we must get organised for our holiday, probably May time.

Rhoda said...

Isn't it amazing how after we pray God leads our thoughts to where the lost item is - I've done that regularly, and never yet not found it - except for David's passport! But I think he must have lost that outside.

Isn't it also good to have normal routine in our lives - it makes the special times all the more special!

Ok must go and do some shopping!

lisa said...

We have a family saying, very simple - "Jesus lost, Jesus found". We say this as we are actually looking for the lost thing and it always works. My friend (who's a catholic) lost her house and car keys at the bonfire on the 11th night. She had some kind of catholic holy medal thing on the keyring and a photo of her neice, so anyone local finding it would know who they belonged to and that she had been to the bonfire. They would also know where she lives and which car was hers. She was up the walls and myself and Donna helped her search the bonfire site the next morning (not easy)! We found the holy medal on the ground, all bent along with the photo so someone had found the keys and took these off them. Ronnie changed her door lock and disabled the car. We were all saying the little saying and about 15 mins later someone who lives in the area turned up with the keys. They had found them lying on the ground along beside the photo and knew they must be hers.