Sunday 25 January 2009

I had a dream....

...well I have a lot of dreams!! But one of them is to have a wee house in the country. So over the past few weeks I have been searching the internet for houses. Oh how I love to dream, (even about houses that are way out of our price range.)

Well Kristian is not a dreamer. He is the practical one, the sensible one, in our relationship. Many times when I find a house, even one I think we can afford, he comes with all these practical, sensible, things that I havent thought off, like taxes, heating, interest, and how much it will cost to fix certain things in the house....and suddenly we cant afford the house anymore.


So this week I found this house that I fell for. I thought it had character. I could see it was old and needed work done to it....but I could also see us living there. So I sms´d Kristian at work and warned him not to burst my bubble - to play along with me and then the bubble would probably, naturally burst on its own. I told I had found our house and I bummed about all the things we could do with it. I told him to see the possiblities! He was a wee darling....he played along with me, even though I could tell by his face that he didnt love it quite as much as I did. But just that he played along for the evening was wonderful....we planned what we could do with it, where the sofa could go, etc.. (I know I am a little crazy - Kristian deserves a medal for putting up with me!!) Then I sort of forgot about it.


Then this afternoon we had nothing on, so Kristian suggested that after church we should drive out to the house and just see where it was, what the area was like. It was out in the country about 25 km from where we live now.


So that´s what we did. We drove out and saw the house.....and what a disappointment it was. It wasnt just old - it was REALLY old. The photos we looked at made the garden look huge - but it was tiny. The photos made the house look like there was open space around it. There wasnt. It was squashed in between a whole lot of other houses.....it was a wreak!! And that´s when my bubble burst - naturally. It was wonderful. As soon as I saw it I knew it wasnt for us.......and we drove home happy.


(Thanks Kristian for not bursting my bubble but letting nature take its course - I told you it would burst naturally!)


Now I am happy for my wee apartment - I think I will drop the house hunting....at least for this month!!


8 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

So had they totally doctored the images of the house? They shouldn't be allowed to do that, I hope in this country it would come under trade descriptions or something.

Kristian is very good to play along and it was great that (this time at least) he wasn't the one to burst your bubble. We all need to dream and you can keep dreaming.

Etta said...

Good for Kristian. Keep dreaming Laura - but be content where you are while the dreams take shape.

BTW I told Charlene about the 7th, so I guess she'll be there.

Laura said...

thats great Etta - thanks for letting her know. I will keep dreaming!! but I also do love where we live...

Laura said...

hi Pauline
I dont think they had doctored the images, I could see from the images that it was an old house - they just use wide angle lenses which makes things look wider and bigger e.g. the garden,and the front area...it looked so big in the pic, like you could get 2 cars parked there, but in reality you would be lucky to be able to get one! They took the photos from a spot were you couldnt see how enclosed it was....there was literally houses all around it...

Anyways it was fun to dream for a while...

BTW girls what time suits for Speranazas???? 6.30pm??? 7pm???? or earlier like 6pm???? let me know what time suits you all best.

lisa said...

You'll probably find a lot of propertys look better than they are. Estate agents have the knack of making something sound and look amazing, hope they can do that with my house lol!!

About 6.30 or 7 suits me fine, but i'll fit in with everyone else, Im just glad to be getting out!

Rhoda said...

I thought the picture looked great - I can well see why you wanted to dream about it.

I must admit I looked at it, and thought of all the cleaning!!!!!! That would have been enough to put me off, without even going to see it:-)

Lorraine said...

Any time suits me for Speranzas. Just let me know and I'll be there. I'll be driving so I'll swing by and pick you up Laura. I already told Lisa I'd pick her up.

Loved the house by the way. No wonder you liked it!

Livvy was 4 today. My baby no more!!!

lisa said...

Happy birthday to Livvy! Dont they grow up so fast, but she will always be your baby!