Friday 23 January 2009

We love our Fridays!

In the Rasmussen household we sure love our Friday nights!! A time to relax after a busy week!

We have all had a busy day. I had to work overtime today - lots of things to do and not enough people to do it - so I did a 10 hour shift - Whew!!! but it really wasn´t so bad! When you work in a great place with great colleagues then you really dont mind doing a little extra from time to time.

I left work at 5pm. Kristian was soooo sweet - he came and picked me up in the car!

When we got home there was a lovely surprise waiting for us - well especially for me. Leah had cleaned up the house....and she did such a good job, without us even asking or pleading!

She had emptied the dishwasher and put all the dirty dishes from breakfast into it. She had tidied up the living room. She had tidied Saras room - which, believe me, was a mess!! She had folded and put away the pile of laundry that had been lying on the worktop in the bathroom. She had made our bed and tidied her own room too. WOW - I was in shock.

And as if this was not enough - Andrew was cleaning his room! (He got me to inspect it afterwards, the funny thing was that I HAD to run my fingers along the top of his door and wardrobe and even his blind to see if there was any dust on my fingers.....there wasn´t!! He was very proud of the good job he had done. So I am not really sure what has come over my children today!!! Weird but wonderful!!

So as I was saying at the start - we love our Friday nights. Tonight Leah had invited her friend Mia over to stay, so just before dinner Mia arrived.

Sara came home from work just in time to eat. She was exhausted after having worked all day in the shoe shop. She was in need of a back massage so Leah did the good deed of massaging her back and then going for a walk on it - always helps Sara feel better!

The girls had planned a beauty and movie night. So while Sara, Andrew, Kristian and myself saw X-factor (I know we are more to be pitied than laughed at....but we do love our X-factor! )they were in showering and getting all ready for an evening in their PJ´s in front of the TV.

I had promised Leah that she could take over the living room, we would move the mattress in there so they could make it all cosy for watching the film...






After a lot of organising they were FINALLY ready to see the film. I was banished to my room (which was ok with me, there was peace and quiet in there) Kristian hid in his wee cupboard, racing his cars off course!! Sara went to bed early and Andrew was playing a game with his friend over the internet. The girls really enjoyed their film. Now they going to sleep in the living room in their cosy arrangement.




Its been a nice Friday evening - we had time with each other and time on our own doing our own thing1 The best thing is.... tomorrow we dont need to get up for work, we can sleep in!!!! Yipieeeee!!!!!

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

Isn't it wonderful to come home and find your house tidied - well done those kids:-)

Hope you never run your finger over the top of my wardrobe . . . dear knows what you would find. Ha Ha
(Maybe instead of sitting on this blog I should go and make sure it clean eh! On second thoughts never mind the wardrobe, maybe I should do the kitchen and the living room first!)

Looks like the girls had a great time too. I must admit it's still strange hearing you with and a sort of American accent:-)

Enjoy your weekend - now that you don't have all the housework to do, it will be even better:-)

Rhoda said...

Oops I see a wee extra 'and' crept in there:-)

lisa said...

The girls really do sound american! You just sound the same to me - funny that! Your such a good mum, giving up your living room so the girls can have a fun night. I dont know if I would be so generous!

Stuart and Pauline said...

It looks like they had a really great "cosy" time watching their film. Also good on Leah and Andrew doing the housework. Andrew will make someone a very good husband one day, you're training him well. Can he cook too?