Monday 12 January 2009

Februarys chat night - LIVE!!

I´ve had an idea!

What about we do next chat night live - and I mean really LIVE! - We could look at each other, laugh with each other, and if we really felt like it, even give each other a hug!! Have I found some new technology that can connect us in this way?? Well I sure have - it´s called an aeroplane and I plan to be on in and in Ireland for our next chat night!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Well I cant really believe it yet, it has all happened so suddenly.

Yesterday afternoon I was on surfing the net - as you do! I am always going in and checking flights to Ireland, just in case there are some cheap flights. Over the last few months there have not been any cheap flights, but yesterday there was! - and they werent just cheap but REALLY cheap.

Now those that know me well, know that I love a bargin and that I just cant let it pass me by. So I had to do something about this bargin right in front of me.

I am off work for Winter break for 1 week in February but there was one small problem...to get the cheap flight I needed 3 days off work before my Winter break started. I have 2 days of extra holidays left to take, so I could use them, but I needed 3 days!! So I sms´ed my boss and explained the situation. (Have I ever told you about him? He is such a good boss! A REALLY GOOD BOSS!!) He rang me up and told me to go for it, and that I could work over time between now and the 4th February (when we leave) to make up the hours for the one day extra that I needed off. Isnt he good?!! So I booked the flight.

Leah, Sara and me will come from 4th February to 11th February. We wont arrive until the evening of the 4th and will leave early in the morning on the 11th. The goal of this trip is to see dad so I can help him with some things around the house. So part of the time I will spend working away on his house. (Guess what Leah and Sara will be up to while I´m helping dad??? Yes, you guessed it - shopping in Primark!!! )

But it cant be all work and no play - so that´s when the idea hit me! - it´s the first Saturday in the month - our chat night, and since I am in Ireland how about we all meet up and do something crazy together. So what do you think??? Anybody up for it????

Let me know what you think! If you have any ideas about what we could do pass them along too, along with what time suits you best to meet on Saturday 7th February 2009!!

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!

19 comments:

Rhoda said...

Laura,
Not a great night to be talking about shopping in Primark! They are in the news here for all the wrong reasons - ie sweatshop labour in the UK!!!!!

It would be brilliant to have a 'live' live chat night.

Yes you do have a brilliant boss - the kind of boss I like:-)

lisa said...

I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant think of what we could do but i'll get back to you!

Stuart and Pauline said...

I was thinking the same thing about Primark actually. Not sure I would ever shop there again. However, why is slave labour in the UK worse than somewhere else in the world and Primark is guilty of both.

As you are probably aware, I won't be there, we are actually down in Bolton for a dedication service that weekend anyway.

lisa said...

Yes Laura, Primark is all over the news here today for using migrant workers and paying them a pittance in sweat shops so you'll have to find another shop - how about Ikea lol!!!!

Laura said...

oh no!!!!!!! that is terrible about Primark.....now Ikea I can go to any time or day of the week!!

Hey Lisa what about your wardrobe??? did you get it?

Rhoda said...

Pauline, there is no difference at all! It's appalling wherever it happens!!!

Rhoda said...

Laura, just thinking if you have a 'live' chat night, and people hug each other as you suggest - then you better be careful not to crush Lisa's grapes:-)!!!!

Laura said...

I must remember to buy a few oranges Rhoda!! haha

lisa said...

Excuse me...........oh all have a laugh at my expense!!! Its quality not quantity you know!!! Im going to huff now!

Ok Ive finished huffing, Laura you bring the oranges & i'll bring the kiwis!!!

Are we going to go out for a meal? Hope so!

Laura said...

well come with ideas girls....I love food, so going out for a meal is good for me!!

Ruth said...

Hi Laura

7th is good for me (at the moment) – I could do with a night out as I’ve just spent 4 nights in hospital with Leia! She had a chest infection poor wee mite so hopefully she’s on the mend now.

Food would be a great idea and it would be great to see you cos I missed you in the summer!

Lorraine said...

I'll keep the 7th free. A meal sounds great! Looking forward to it! Bet the girls are excited too!!!

lisa said...

Lorraine!!!! where have you been?????? Welcome back! See you on the 7th

Lorraine said...

Thanks Lisa. I've had the flu and just really feel better from yesterday!!! Looking forward to the 7th. It's already in my diary!

Laura said...

Oh this is soooo good - we are all going to see each other again!!! Lorraine welcome back to the land of blog!! Charlene and her family have also been sick. Dad was talking to her on Sunday in church so that is why she hasn´t been on either.....oh I really cant wait to see all you guys again....I miss you all!!

Laura said...

So those who have answered seemed to be up for a meal out - that sounds good to me - where??? Last time we went to speranzas and that was REALLY good - should we do that again?? Ruth great if you could come along this time....hope Leia is on the mend.

If anyone has another suggestion feel free - hey Charlene talked about a place one time that did theme nights - what was that??? anyone remember, charlene better hurry up and check the blogs out - anyone got her phone number so they could email it? and Julie too - Lisa have you seen Julie at all - Charlene could contact Lyn - and if anyone wants to come along they are welcome - if you are reading this blog and would like to come you need to leave a comment so we know who is in on this.....great guys talk again soon

lisa said...

Laura - Rhoda, Lorraine & myself were all really naughty tonight. We had logged onto facebook at the same time and instead of trying to have separate conversations, we went on your geesee chat and chatted for a while. Sorry you werent there, but we couldnt resist!!! But at least we discussed where to go on our night out!

Laura said...

Wish I had been there too - anyways, glad you 3 got to chat....so tell me, where are we going on the 7th???? What did you 3 find out, what did you plan?? Rhoda are you able to get across for that weekend????
I think I will email Julie and Charlene and Rhonda - she has been so quiet - I dont have anyone elses email....so I just hope people check the blog and then comment if they want to be in on the evening...I really cant wait to see you all again.

Rhoda said...

I tried to book the Ryan Air flight tonight, but it wouldn't let me get past the page of the details - kept telling my phone number could only contain numbers - which it did! So I'll try later.
David will come to Ireland with me Lorraine - inspite of what I said last night - though he too has a problem - ie he lost his passport months ago, and hasn't got it replaced yet, and Ryanair will not accept a Driving Licence for ID - they are so annoying! (They might be cheap - but they have a high cost!!!!!!!) So hopefully I'll be able to get it booked, and hopefully David will get his passport replaced on time. It certainly would be good to put faces to friends on the blog!