Sunday 14 December 2008

Party time!

It has been a weekend for parties.

Friday night was our works Christmas dinner. We had a brilliant evening with delicious food and lots of fun, games and laughter. I really have a wonderful bunch of colleagues.

Each year the Christmas dinner is different. Last year we had a theme, it was "OLD PEOPLES HOME". Everyone was to come dressed as an old person. What a laugh we had. People really got into it. I had a blast dressing up as an old man. This year we were a little bit more normal!! (Well as normal as we can be!) - we still had a great night!



Saturday I was able to squeeze in an hour of painting. I was just in the mood to play around with colours.

Then Saturday evening we were invitated to my friend Jette´s 30th Birthday. We had a really fun night with her,her family and other friends. Thanks Jette - we really enjoyed the night.
Then today our niece turned 18!! I really cant believe it. I remember when she was born and going over to see her for the first time. She was so tiny and I was allowed to hold her and give her her bottle. I was so amazed at this wee tiny bundle. All the more so because I had just found out that I was pregnant with Sara . I just cant believe that is 18 years ago!!
So we were invited to dinner today. We had a lovely afternoon there and got, once again, delicious food. (I could get used to this!!) I get on sooo well with Gitte - she is such a great girl.

And even though she is 18, she is never too old for a kiss and cuddle from her old aunty!!

Now there is only 10 days left to Christmas. (HELP!!!!!)
We didnt buy our Christmas tree this weekend, as we had planned - so we need to squeeze that in sometime during the week! Plus, I still have a few presents to get. Ah well, we still have 10 days of shopping left. (Well, actually I only have 9, we hold Christmas over here on the 24th - so there are no shops open on the 24th!! No panic - we always make, why should this year be any different.)

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Wow Laura you are a popular girl! I was going to say I'm sure you're all partied out, but then I remembered that you are Laura with endless energy - so here's to the next party!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Who's the old geezer in the picture at the top? Not a looker, is he? Tee hee!!!!

Glad you're having fun anyway!!!!