Thursday 25 December 2008

Happy Kids...

Christmas morning and the kids slept till 10am!!! (Wonderful having big kids!!) But as soon as they woke it was all go....they wanted to see their gifts, and they were really excited.


Leah got some girlie stuff - curling tongs, a new mirror, creams, soapbag, some DVD´s and a game of DEAL- NO DEAL. She was very pleased.

Sara had wished for an IPOD in red. It was impossible to get a red one in the shops so I had ordered it over the internet. Then one day while I was at work this very friendly postman came with the parcel. Sara opened the door. He gave it to Sara and said "Here´s an IPOD for you" Stupid postman!! Sara rang me at work totally delighted "I have got an ipod - the postman told me - can I open it" Off course I said NO!!
You couldn´t see from the parcel that it was an ipod. So the postman must have had a delivery note with the contents of the parcel written on it. So he spoiled that surprise - but we got Leah to tell Sara that the Ipod was yellow (and sara just did not want an yellow/golden one!!) So one day when Leah was talking to Sara she let it accidently, on purpose, slip out that the Ipod was yellow. Sara really believed her. So she was totally delighted when she saw it was red. Just what she wished for!! We had another very happy girl.

Andrew had wished for a mini cooler/fridge for his room. It´s one that holds 6 tins of coke - so he was totally delighted to get that, filled with 6 tins of soda, as well as some DVD´s and a few new sweatshirts and jeans. A very happy boy.


I was in desperate need of a new bath robe. So I was very happy to get a new one (yes it´s PINK Pauline!!! but I just love it!) I also got new canvases to paint on.....I was one happy lady.

One thing we always look forward too is our Christmas dinner and this year was no exception. It was delicious!!! After dinner the rest of the day was spent relaxing and having fun together.

Leah and I played around with her new hair styling set. You could curl the hair, straighten, crimp, - so we tried crimpling...and then set it up. What fun we had!!


Then we tried out her new dance mat. It was really wick. (We had a bit of a laugh at how bad it was - so she wasnt disappointed, it wasnt anything she had wished for just something I picked up in a sale and thought it would do as a surprise. Basically it was cheap dirt and I fell for it and bought it!!) so we are going to take it back on Saturday and get our money back.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Hey Laura,
just read all of your posts, sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas - loved the big family get together at Andres' house. (What a laugh his tree!) Did I tell you to check out the link on the BBC about the tree in Peterlee? It was sooooo funny. (If you do search on the BBC for Christmas Tree + Insult you'll see it)
What a musical family the Rasmussens are!

I notice you didn't say what Kristian got for his Christmas????
Well done on being able to surprise Sara at least a wee bit - what a daft postman!

Leah is a wee stunner - that picture of her is just gorgeous. She really is a girlie girl isn't she:-)

Your winter pictures are great - here's an idea for you, why don't you get them printed, and make your own Christmas Cards next year - do you send cards in Denmark?

Your dressing gown is not just pink - it's PINK!!!!!!!!