Monday 8 March 2010

Gospel music.....

.....always makes me feel good. Saturday night was no exception.

If you remember on Saturday evening I was off to hear Leah sing and Kristian play his sax. It was a great evening. The atmosphere in the church was fantastic.

The place was packed so when I arrived ½ hour before the concert started there was literally no seats. I ended up sitting up with Kristian in the band, until I realised that once Kristian stood up and the guitarist stood up I would see nothing....so I crawled across to the very first seat on the opposite side. It was not the best place to sit (the seat was reserved for the mics and music!) I was right up next to the choir and the sound wasnt the best, but I enjoyed it soooo much....the atmosphere in the place just did it for me.

Leah goes to a Kids Gospel choir every Wednesday. There is also an adult gospel choir and for that Saturday the two choirs had come together for the day. They had held a workshop. Saturday evening was a presentation of the songs they had practised. I think they did really well. It was really special seeing young and old singing gospel together.

P.S. and I came home to a clean house - it was wonderful and I rewarded us all with a big bowl of ice cream, with whipped cream on top and a curly whirly:-) Nice end to the day!

6 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Loved that Laura. Kristian's such a fantastic saxophonist. Did you not want to kick that wee dark haired girl in front of Leah out of the way. She just kept jumping in front of her!!!! It sounded brilliant and I can imagine everyone really enjoyed it!!!

Rhoda said...

Loved the video Laura - sounded great:-)

The sax is a great instrument, and Kristian playes it so well:-)

lisa said...

Brilliant video, you have a very talented family! I agree with Pauline about the wee girl - I think I would have intervened ha ha!!

Laura said...

Well I did feel like going up and pushing out of the way a few times hahahaha but she was actually really entertaining!!! She was soooo into it. She was sure feeling the music!! On one of the slower numbers she had her eyes closed and her hands raised and at one point her face was all screwed up - matched exactly what she was singing....so I so enjoyed her. Kristian hadnt noticed her on the night so he enjoyed watching her preformance on the video. Yeah Kristian is good on the sax, he hasnt played it in a while so it was good hearing him again....he should play more often!!!

Rhoda said...

I've watched it again and I think the wee girl was great - she was soooooo into it.

Charlene said...

What a lively bunch - they sounded fab!