Saturday 6 March 2010

Procrastinating.....

....thats exactly what I am doing now!!! I should be cleaning but I keep putting it off for another ½ hour!!! At this rate the day will be through and I will have got nothing cleaned!!! and believe me my house REALLY needs cleaning at the minute:-)



On Thursday I was out with the girls from work. We were 5 girls out to have some fun. Two of the girls, Dorthe and Inge, I work with now. The other two, Lena and Anne (yes its crazy Anne!!! ), I used to work with, so it was sort of a re-union too.
We headed out to a chinese restaurant and had sooo much fun. We ate far too much - a six course menu, and probably talked far too much too. There was also lots of laughter especially on the way home!!! Anne just brings out the worse in me and I become 10 times crazier when I am with her.

Anne had to end the evening with an irish coffee - YUK! At the end of the meal they came with the traditional hot towels. Anne was ready to take a bath!!! hahaha



And even with all the money that she was flashing around, we all eneded up paying our own bill.

I think a fun night was had by all - I certainly enjoyed myself.

Today has been busy. The early part of the morning was spent playing taxi for Leah and her friend. They were going out for a few hours of shopping before heading off to their choir practise. Tonight they are giving a concert. Kristian is also playing at the concert so he was away from early this morning to practise with the band.

Then I was off to church to a "Exchange clothes day" We had this week to leave our "old, tired of wearing you," clothes off at the church. Then today we could go and buy other peoples "old, tired of wearing you" clothes and they would feel like "new, love wearing you" clothes to us. You could give between 10p - £1 for the clothes. The money raised was going to an organisations that helps prevent Trafficking of Women.

I got myself two "new" skirts, a new black denim jacket. I also saw a few nice tops but couldnt fit them - (less said about that the better!!!) There was muffins, cakes, coffee and tea, so when you needed a break from the "shopping" there was time to sit and enjoy a cuppa and a chat. It was a really fun morning and before I knew it 2½ hours had gone by and I needed to go get Leah and her friend from town and get them to choir.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and just get this house cleaned!!!! Then I can go off to the concert this evening, enjoy listening to my daughter sing and my hubby play his sax and come home to a clean and organised house. - OH THAT SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD - I AM GOING TO CLEAN THIS HOUSE!!!!!

14 comments:

lisa said...

So??? Did you clean?

lisa said...

BTW looks like you had a brilliant night! I would just love to go out with Anne and yourself! I think I would laugh the whole night long!!

Laura said...

Yes I actually did clean Lisa!!! First I went shopping to buy something I forgot and that got me all full of energy - came home and got the house organised and cleaned...but I only just made it, was rushing about like a chicken with no head!!! haha You would love Anne - she would fit right in in Ireland - a total nutter and such a lovely person too.

Just back from the concert and it was soooo good....so now I am going to relax in my nice clean house hahahah

lisa said...

Enjoy your rest!

Charlene said...

Fancy coming round and helping me Laura? Glad you had a good night-enjoy your clean house, with three kids and a hubby it won't last long!

Rhoda said...

Charlene,

Wouldn't that be fun . . . I mean if we could all meet up and go round eachother's houses and just clean them all! But then again I suspect that some people on here (not me!) would want to make sure their house was clean before everyone came . . .

Laura said...

That would be fun Rhoda...to go and clean each others houses.

One time a group of girls in our church made a deal that we would get together every other month or so to eat and talk. We made a deal that you were not allowed to clean your house before we came. there was to be no stress - take me as you find me attitude. So if there was a stack of ironing lying and washing etc, it just had to stay like that. Then we all made different dishes and brought them along and had such an enjoyable night....it was soooo much fun, we also talked about cleaning each others houses.

We, one time, went food shopping together, me and another friend, causee we thought it was boring going alone. We had soooo much fun, actually nearly wet myself laughing that day, and we talked about doing it more often, much better than food shopping alone:-)

lisa said...

Rhoda, are you referring to Pauline and I? Me thinks you might be right if you are!!!

Angie said...

All I can say is I hate housework so if any of you want to volunteer to come and do mine for me I won't stop you!! I'm an expert when it comes to procrastinating where housework is concerned. And Rhoda, if I were to make sure it was clean before you came you'd need to give me a month's notice!!!! How can you get motivated to do housework???

Charlene said...

That all sounds great Laura, in theory! If I didn't sort the place out first there would be no clean plates to eat off and probably nowhere to sit.
Anyway there are so many more exciting things to do instead of housework - I mean you have to do it all again tomorrow.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Get a cleaner. Stop spending money on that chocolate or those unnecessary things that are bad for you and spend the money on a cleaner. However, I would still need to tidy the place before people came to visit. Also it makes me think about a Bible study I went to about Mary and Martha. Is it important that the house is clean and tidy, as long as we are at the feet of Jesus.

Charlene said...

That's another good idea Pauline but I'd be a bit like my Nanny on that one - she used to clean for her home help coming!As for the Mary and Martha thing, I know we always thought she was super holy, but we were talking about Laura coming to visit!

lisa said...

Oh dear - I started off this challenge at 59kg and today I am 61.9kg!!! What has happened? I have been really good this past week because of my cholesterol so I honestly dont understand. Im depressed now!

Laura said...

If you have been exercising you could be building muscles and so they weigh more....so give it time:-) I am just the same 67kg this morning and I have not done any exercise today, I need to exercise to get the weight off....but I am too tired to exercise...but I know if I just get going I will get energy from exercising...