Sunday 14 March 2010

Its that time again....

....time to dream!!
Yes I admit it, I am a dreamer - I will always be a dreamer and since the skies have turned blue and the sun is out, I have started to dream again about a wee house with a garden.



So I found one! - not a house that would make you say "WOW - thats gorgeous!", but there is something about it that I like, and maybe its something we can afford. (although I always think that until we get to the bank and they tell us about the rules they have for borrowing money - e.g. you should have, AFTER all the bills are paid, £150 a month for each child and about £800 as a couple, just to live on!) But I havent been to the bank yet so I am just going to dream!
The amazing thing is that Kristian jumped unto the "dream wagon" with me!!! I showed him the house on the net and he liked the look of it too....so he made an appointment to go and see it. We are just back!!

The house itself is the same size as our apartment 100 sq.metres...but it has a cellar and garage underneath that is also 100 sq.metres, so we would have double the space. (but the nice thing is that its not a huge house, so when the kids leave home its still a nice size for me and Kristian.)

The living room is about the size of the one we have now. There are 3 bedrooms but in the cellar there is a room that could be made into a bedroom, there is a laundry room, there is another small room that could be Kristians racing room and an another small room that could be a guest room (Jeffrey and Ivan your names are already on the door of that room!! haha) There is also room for an office as you go down into the cellar. There is a bit of work to be done down there, like a wooden floor needs put down, wall paper and paint, but for the most it is cosmetic things that need done.
There is a garage and a workplace, perfect for Kristian and Sara and their go-kart. There is a small garden, just perfect for the rest of us!! Can you tell that I have already moved in!!! hahaha



At the back there is a lovely wee area for BBQ ing and an area were you can light a campfire, and sit around on small benches and roast marshmallows!!! (told you I am sold!)

In the last 4 years there has been new windows put in over the whole house, with the exception of two in the living room. A new kitchen, and a new roof and bathroom have also been put in. The only thing needed doing now is some finishing off. Anyway its in Kristians hands now, he is going to get our brother-in-law, who is in the building trade, to go with him and have a look at it. If they decide its a good buy we will go and talk to the bank.... so we will keep you posted!!!!

If you want to see more pictures you can check it out on: http://www.danbolig.dk/privat/sog-bolig/resultat/vis-bolig.htm?propertyid=368702&brokerid=160&zipcode=3200&searchtype=1

Go in to Billeder (that means pictures) It is in a town about 20km from where we live now.

10 comments:

Charlene said...

Sometimes dreams do come true Laura! It's beautiful and the fact that it needs some things doing to it means you can make it your own. I hope you get what you wish for!
And what a bonus of a cellar - you could always banish Kristian and the kids there when they annoy you!

lisa said...

Wow, I will pray for you! You know if its for you it wont pass you by. It looks fabulous, hope it all works out. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

OK! Am trying this comment thing for the first time ever, Laura. Hope it doesn't set fire to your computer or anything. How does it get to you? Do I print it out, stamp it and mail it? Or what?! :)

The house looks really, really good. Was glad to be able to peek into so many rooms. Now that I know about how to get to your blog, I'll look for updates. Not only that, I read some of your entries, listened to Wings of Eagles, and got inspired to clean the house! Thank you for always being so full of fun and inspiration! Will talk to you soon.

Now, as for sending this message---does the computer have to be plugged in....?

Big hugs, and sending prayers for the Right House For You,

Love,
Laura

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, I think it does have the Wow factor!!! I think it's beautiful. Do keep us up to date with how it goes.

I think it's really good that the bank is being so responsible and not giving out mortgages all over the place. If only they had been doing that 5 years ago, maybe the world would not be in the recession it is!!!! Really hope it works out for you. xxx

Laura said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Laura H. Glad you worked out how to leave a comment without having to stamp it or mail it hahaha u r funny:-) (to everyone else Laura is my crazy american friend!)

Oh I dont think we can afford this house, been talking to my colleagues today and one guy was explaning the loans - it is so complicated, but I just think it will be a bit to tight and I cant see the bank going along with it.

But here is the plan, tomorrow kristian and our brother-in-law will go look at it. Flemming is a builder/carpenter, so he will know what to look for and how much different jobs that need done will cost. Then if he thinks its a good buy we will go to the bank and hear how much we can sit for. Then we will just offer that amount and I have left it in Gods hands so if its meant to be ours he has to work a miracle:-)

Rhoda said...

I agree Pauline - it definitely does have the wow factor . . . well maybe apart from the front drive needing a bit of work - inside it's fab and great garden:-) Hey maybe now is the time for your miracle! That would be good!

Imagine you having crazy friends Laura:-) Wonder how that happened? Laura must have slipped through the security net!!! Good to meet you Laura H:-)

Laura said...

Glad you all seem to like it - I´ll have a big bbq when we move and you all can come!!! now wouldnt that be fun!!!

The thing that makes kristian like it is that all the big jobs are done - new kitchen, roof, bathroom and all new windows, except for the door and window in the living room....usually I go for really old houses with thatched roofs that have loads of work to be done on them and cost a lot to heat...but I love those sort, but there is something about this one that I have fallen in love with.

I was on checking out loans on line and I got it to work out that it would cost us 20 pounds more a month, so now I am all excited again!!!! but then again I probably have worked it out wrong and when you go to the bank its never as straight forward as I work it out to be, why does the world have to complicate things???!!! Anyway I will keep you all posted!!!

lisa said...

Laura, you asked about the world complicating things? Well, you having a friend who posts under 'Laura' as well confused me!! But you know it doesnt take much ha ha!! I started to read it and thought you had lost the plot hahaha!! But anyway, keep us posted about the bank, and we will keep praying!

Welcome to Laura's blog, Laura :-)

Laura said...

hahaha I thought the other Laura would cause confusion!!! We always call her Laura H. I´m just plain laura and shes Laura H. Such a caring, wonderful, funny, crazy great person she is!!

wish you could all get to meet my "danish" friends who are not very danish.hahaha..Rhona who checks the blog but hasnt left any comments was born in lisburn, grew up in Thailand, went to bording school in england, came to denmark and married a chinese man - now how international is that!!! She is lovely too - we did kids clubs together and are like an old married couple, could end each other sentences!!! then there is Laura H - from USA - Audry (my Ikea buddy) from USA - Genny from Canada, but orginally from Ghana or somewhere - Anne - shes danish and Jette is Danish.hahaha two crazy danish friends all the others are foreigners like myself!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Love. Have faith in God, He still works MIRACLES. Amen. Love Dad. Regards to Laura H & Mia.