Saturday 13 March 2010

Where did it go?

- last week just flew in....I really dont know where it went!!!

Tuesday I was out eating again!! This time with my friend Genny who I have not seen in about 2 years because she and her family moved to Dubai. She just recently returned to Denmark again. Genny and I had always gone out to eat, 4 times a year, usually with the changing of the seasons. We would always go to the Mexican Restaurant and use the night to catch up with each others lives. Tuesday was just like old times again. We were back at our Mexican Restaurant catching up again. It was so good to see her again and we chatted like we had never been apart. The next time we get together is just before summer holidays! (Scary thing is, before we know it, it will be summer!!)


On Wednesday Sara went to Belgium again!! She was missing Alessio so a quick trip was fitted into her schedule. She was going off to surprise him. She had arranged with his mum and cousin that they would pick her up at airport. Unfortunately the surprise didnt work out, he found out and ended up going to the airport with them! Even though the surprise was spoilt, he was happy to see her again!


Thursday evening saw me in Copenhagen. There was a meeting for childrens workers in one of the big churches in there. They had invited a childrens pastor from the USA to come along. He and his wife held an inspiration night with lots of ideas to use with kids. Since I was the only one going from our church I was in two minds about going - I decided to go anyway. I took the train in and found my way to the church. Once I got in there I met soooo many people that I knew, some I hadnt seen in years. It was a good evening and I was glad I went!


This weekend has been quiet. A bit of cleaning and clearing up got done by me, and Kristian spent today fixing computers for the kids. (Always some problem with them!! glad he can work it out.) Leah was at a birthday party all day and Andrew was going out to eat chinese with his friends, (Sara is in Belgium) so suddenly Kristian and I found ourselves alone for dinner!!! It was weird but it was also nice causes we had dinner in a clean house with no kids to mess it up!!! haha Long may the clean house last - although I doubt it will last longer than tomorrow evening!! Thats when Sara comes home again and she is definately the one who makes the most mess in this house!!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Welcome back lol! Its not like you not to post for a few days, missed you!

Aren't you glad you went to the church meeting, seeing old friends again, excellent!

Stuart and Pauline said...

It must be so weird to go through all of this distance relationship through Sara again. Does she talk to you like you know what she is going through, or you're her mum and soooooo old you can't possibly know anything about anything!!!!?

Laura said...

Its great being back again!! Just been a busy sort of week....

it is weird Pauline going through it all again, but its fun and we can indentify with her, like when she wanted to go and surprise him, she was missing him and she came and talked to us about going down again and when she went back into her room, kristian looked and me and said, "oh dont you remember how it was...we couldnt wait to see each other either"

She is very open with us, tells us everything that is going on with them. Must said I didnt think it would last sooo long, it was rough in the start with the two different cultures, but they seem to have worked out things and they seem really happy these days....been like that for 3 months now....so maybe this is more serious than I thought it was (feel a bit like my mum now hahaha, I told her from day 1 it was serious with me and kristian and she never really believed anything would come of it!!!hahaha)

so time will tell with these two love birds - it does bring it all back though!! and it doesnst seem all that long ago that I was doing the same thing she was!!!

Charlene said...

Laura you were serious about all your boyfriends from day 1! I'm not surprised your Mum didn't believe you. hahahaha Only joking. Poor Sara,I wouldn't have had the patience for a long distance relationship - I mean what would I have done if I felt like punching someone??????