Monday 29 March 2010

I did it....

...I decided to just go ahead and change the living room around. Kristian was in his cupboard racing and he didnt notice a thing until it was too late!!!

The funny thing was that when he came out and saw what I had done he got so confused. He saw that we had two cupboards with glass doors, he didnt realise that we had two of these and couldnt work out were we had the second cupboard. HONESTLY MEN!! I couldnt stop laughing, finally I had to tell him that I had taken the one out of the kitchen!!


So the sofa has been moved into the middle of the room and the book cases put behind the sofa.



I have moved my piano out into the kitchen, where the cupboard used to be. Then I will put a desk where my piano used to be. I´ve decided to buy a new mat at Ikea tomorrow and see what sort of cheap curtains they have. Then we just need to sort out the pictures on the wall. Then that should be the living room sorted, just the rest of the cupboards around the place to clear out!

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Laura it looks great! It doesn't look cramped at all, it actually looks like it was always that way.

Men?! what can you say? Nothing, so I won't! Let Kristian go back to his wee cupboard:-)

Charlene said...

Yes I have a husband who must have attended the same "wide awake school of noticing the obvious" as Kristian! It looks lovely - looking forward to see your new desk!

Laura said...

I agree Rhoda, I dont think it looks cramped. The other day i moved the sofa forward, out from the wall, there was nothing behind it and I thought it looked cramped, but I still had the carpet down and its a huge carpet and think it was deceiving my eyes, cause nothing was in the centre, if you get my meaning. So I was a bit worried about moving things, thought it would look cramped, but I am pleased with the result, I can live with this. Kristian likes it too, and the kids just shake there heads and laugh and Sara says "Mum you are just bored why dont you come with me to the training centre instead!" hahaha

lisa said...

I think its lovely, the two bookcases go better together than the one on its own and it doesn't look cramped. Now you get to go back to Ikea to pick a rug, curtains and a desk! Cant wait to see what you get. We are decorating the living room very soon but Im not very good at picking colour schemes etc so I might put some photos on as it is now, tell you all what we're changing (rug, curtains and so on) and you can all practice your interior decorating skills and tell me what to do.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, I think it looks great too. Next stage is to paint it!!!!

We're not doing anything to the house at the moment until the subsidence is resolved, and then hopefully get most of it redecorated at the cost of the local council!!!!