Monday 1 March 2010

Spring, spring, spring.....

It felt like spring time when I woke Sunday morning. I looked out the kitchen window and for the first time in 2 months, I saw grass!!! It was a wonderful sight!! Going to church the sky was blue and it wasnt as cold as ít had been on Saturday!



We had a lovely Sunday! Church was wonderful and then after church I had a special event planned for my Sunday School class. We ate lunch in church, played a few games and then went a walk through the park out to the bowling ally. We ended the afternoon there playing bowling. They are a great bunch of kids. There were 11 kids and two teenagers who came along to help. We had such a fun afternoon together.

Then today I woke and it was snowing again!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING - its spring!!!


Food wise I was bad - all weekend! But today has been different! I have really done well today and actually havent craved chocolate, crisps or coke!! But my greatest victory was this evening.......

I was at a meeting in church and when it was finished I thought I would surprise Kristian and the kids with an ice cream from McDonalds on the way home. I drove into the drive in and ordered 2 sundaes with chocolate, 1 with strawberry and a McFlurry with m&m´s. The whole time I was ordering I was thinking to myself that I should get a sundae with caramel.....I was sooooo tempted! but when the girl asked if that was all I said yes!!!and didnt order one more ice cream!! I DID IT!!!!!! home with only 4 ice-creams to a family of 5!!

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix
Break - Slice of wheaten bread and jam
Lunch - 3 flat bread, with ham and cottage cheese, 1 Avacado
Break - ½ slice of wheaten bread/ 1 chocolate chip cookie
Dinner - 200g potatoes, chicken and carrots/onion gravy

6 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Well done Laura!!! You can get snow right through to April, I think we had a frost here a couple of years ago in June!!!!

Rhoda said...

Yes well done Laura:-)

Just so you know officially Spring does not start until 21st March!

lisa said...

Well then roll on the 21st March!

Rhoda, just read your comment on the last post about going by my jeans, thats so true. Im literally measuring myself by what I can get on. As I said before, only two pairs of jeans fit at the minute and one pair is in the wash, and today I came home from work and realised that the second of the two pairs were washed but not dried. We had friends calling round so I had to stay in my uniform and let on I hadnt had time to get changed!!

lisa said...

Here is Tuesdays list.
Breakfast - porridge
Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bread spread with flora pro-active cholesterol lowering margarine, a banana. Tea.
Mid-afternoon - a pear, bunch of grapes and an orange.
Dinner - steak pieces, carrots, onion, gravy and potatoes. Tea
Bed time - cup of tea and half a bar of fruit & nut (I had been out on duty at a football match and was freezing & miserable) so chocolate was my treat!

I also did a good bit of exercise today, before lunch I did vigorous housework (washing windows, bathroom walls etc) then a bit of a workout after lunch. Twenty minutes on step machine then toning and stretching exercises for about half an hour.

Laura said...

You are good Lisa!! Well done!!! I once again, did not exercise :-( shame on me. I just didnt get it fitted in yesterday, altough I did do about 2½ hours work in ½ hour. Leah rang me at work and was feeling sick and miserable, so I said I would go home to her but I just needed to finish off and then for ½ hour I squeezed in most of my programme - it was not cleaned perfectly, but things got a clothe over them and floors were washed there were it was most dirty. I was sweating by the time I was finished - so that was good!!haha but then I came home and sat on the sofa cuddling Leah and we saw films on the TV (and ate!!) NOT GOOD haha

Ok got to go to work:-)

lisa said...

I think your work would count towards exercise as its a physical job, so you wouldnt need to do as much as myself or the others.