Monday 29 March 2010

A weekend of firsts....

...Friday evening we held the first night of our junior club. Fourteen kids turned up at our apartment for dinner and some fun. They were a noisy bunch!!! or maybe it only seemed that way, because our apartment was not made to take 14 noisy 11-13 year olds. (I now know how to annoy my husband!!! hahaha I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown before the night was over!) Anyway we ate together and played some games and ended the evening with a film. I must say that I missed my friend Rhona, we always did kids clubs together so I felt like my other half was missing. Anyway the evening seemed to go well. We will now meet once a month down at the church.



...On Saturday we made our first visit to a new shopping centre opened in a town not too far away from us. Sara, Leah, Kristian and I headed out for a cosy day together. Andrew was not interested in shopping so he went over to his friends to play computer. We had a really great afternoon out. The girls had a blast, there were lots of opening bargins and Kristian and I just enjoyed wandering around watching them get excited about the bargins.



Leah got her first bra. She was totally over the moon!! As soon as she came home, on went the bra and she ran around the house most of the afternoon with hardly anything else on!!! haha



Saturday evening was the first time an X-factor Final was held in Parken (our big football grounds in Copenhagen). 40000 people bought tickets for the final. We however stayed at home and got cosy. It was nice to have everyone here together on a Saturday evening. It was a great show - however my favourite did not win:-(



Today is the first day off work for Easter!!! I am so enjoying just relaxing. Must say I have itchy fingers!! I want to re-arrange the living room!! I am just not sure how to do it. The way we have the furniture now is probably the best way to have it, makes the living room seem big and open. However I would really like a decent desk that I can sit at and study at.....so I have an idea, only one slight problem, I have to get Kristian hooked unto it....but I´ll keep you posted if any changes are made:-) Off to Ikea tomorrow evening!!! Yipieeeee!!!

7 comments:

Charlene said...

Laura Im cannot believe that you have announced to the world that Leah just got her first bra! What are you like! Enjoy your Easter break. Don't change too much about the house, some night Kristian will come home and think he's in the wrong house!

Rhoda said...

LOL I can't see the photo you've put up, so now I'm wondering if you put up a picture of Leah in her first bra!

The idea of have all those kids in the house sounds brilliant . . . the reality of it is another story! It's one way to make sure your daughter has good friends to influence her:-)

Rhoda said...

Now the picture is up, and no bra. Ah well never mind - she'll have to cope with only the embarrassment of reading about it:-)

Laura said...

Hahaha I was tempted to snap a picture of her in her bra - but thought I better not hahahaha

lisa said...

Charlene took the words out of my mouth, I was about to come on and write 'I cant believe you put on the internet that Leah got her first bra'!!!!

When you say you need to get Kristian on side, why do I get the feeling it has something to do with his little racing cupboard???!! If it is you really do have a battle on your hands!!

Laura said...

hahaha well its big news leah getting a bra!!! It would be terrible not to post that sort of news!!! hahahaha

No I am not doing anything with kristians wee cupboard - boy I would never have a chance, its my living room, but Krisitan likes it as it is, I do too, but I want a proper desk to sit at, so I have started girls, the house looks like a bomb has hit it, the furniture is everywhere...oh its fun, I think I like the new way, but I am not finished yet....want to get everything into place so I can see if I need to get anything tomorrow night at ikea:-) I will post photos tomorrow!!! hahaha I love this, great fun moving things around, its years since I have done this. When the kids were small when I got bored I moved the house around and painted the walls..I think I must have done this every other month!!! haha

lisa said...

Can you come over and do mine please?