Wednesday 17 March 2010

Update....

....Our brother-in-law went with Kristian to see the house. He is a builder/carpenter and his advice was to go for it. He thought it was a good solid house for the price. Only question now is - can we afford it?

The way they do the loans over here is so complicated - I just dont get it!!!! I have been in on our banks website to see what we can afford. Sometimes when I work the loans out, it looks like we can afford it, other times it doesnt - so basically I havent got a clue about what I am doing!!! haha

Kristian has contacted the bank and we are waiting to hear when we can go in for a meeting, probably at the end of next week or start of the next. I dont dare think about it. I really can see us living there, but past experience says that the bank will turn us down - they have so many standards that have to be met, like how much a family of 5 should have to live on after everything is paid, and we have never fitted those standards......Ah well - lets enjoy the dream while its lasts...if it doesnt work out a trip to Paris or Rome will be the next dream that we work on!

10 comments:

Charlene said...

Laura I hope and pray it all works out for you because I'm looking forward to the BBQ!

Laura said...

hahaha - so am I, I´ll even splash out and buy steaks, I mean if you owe the bank 1,5 million krone might as well add a couple hundred more krone unto that and buy some good steaks!!! Oh wouldnt it be fun if we got it and you all could come for a long weekend!!! Ok I know I am away dreaming again!! haha

Stuart and Pauline said...

Nought wrong with dreaming Laura!!!!!

lisa said...

Keep dreaming Laura, they have to come true sometime!

Etta said...

Isn't this hanging around frustrating?! I hope it all comes together for you. I've always wanted to visit Denmark...

Laura said...

There was one day I was soooo frustrated and could not think about anyting else but then I was at work listeninig to some teaching about The christians survival kit - the words that Jesus said to his disciples the night before he was crucified "Let not your heart be troubled" it talked about controlling our emotions, that we CAN control our emotion...it went on about believing in God and then about putting things in perspective - it was just what I needed. So now I am at peace - no matter what happens - even if it doesnt work out.

I was also putting things in perspective - I am only on this earth for another 40 - 50 years if I am "lucky" but in heaven I will be there for ever and the mansion I will get up there will meet all the desires of my heart!! I can hardly wait, I know God has got me a log cabin up there, that is my dream house. haha so Etta if we dont get to hold the BBQ over here then I´ll see you at my place in heaven!!! haha

Charlene said...

I think you'll find the BBQs are held in the "other" place Laura!!!!

Etta said...

oh lol, I can smell toasted marshmallows Charlene. Will I burn for even thinking that?! Oh... lack of assurance...lack of assurance ;0) (And before anyone starts a prayer meeting - I'm joking!)

Good attitude Laura!

Laura said...

lol good one Charlene - you are quick!! that made me laugh out loud hahahahahha

Charlene said...

Marshmallows??????? mine's a steak!