Sunday 27 February 2011

A quick update

It has been a lovely weekend - just too short!


Friday afternoon was spent food shopping and organising the kitchen. Friday evening was spent trying to find ideas for my Sunday school lesson. I was totally blank and had to give up in the end. (Panic was beginning to set in!)


Saturday morning Kristian and I were up at 8.30am. It was our weekend to clean the church. Our team cleans every 10 weeks and it was already our turn again. Those 10 weeks inbetween sure go by quickly. 


After cleaning we decided we would go to town and do a bit of window shopping. We had a cosy few hours walking around dreaming about all the things that we would like to buy. We had a quick lunch at a newly opened cafe. It was very good! It will not be the last time we visit there! Then it was home to try and sort out my Sunday school lesson. Finally the ideas came! Phew - that was a relief! A few hours later and the lesson was finished. All planned and packed away ready for Sunday morning.


Saturday late afternoon we headed out to visit our friends, Birthe og Henrik.  It was Henrik´s birthday so Birthe had arranged a small get together to celebrate his birthday. We were 8 in total. (Birthe is the leader of Leah´s choir and her husband plays the piano) We had a brilliant evening. Great food, great conversation and alot of laughs. We played a game called Scrupples (I think that was the name) - it was soooo funny.  It was once again the wee hours of the morning when we got home. 


Then today we were up early again and off to church. Sunday school went well but I was glad when we got home again. I was in need of a rest. I quickly got my English lessons planned for tomorrow before I finally got to put my feet up and relax!!!


Now I have just been sitting thinking about my Bible verse challenge. I decided to wait until this Sunday to change the verse, so that I start at the beginning of a month, well it will be a new month on Tuesday. So my verse for the first two weeks in March is from Ephesians again. 


Ephesians 3, 17b - 19a


"And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. and to know this love that surpasses knowledge..."


Just feel like meditating on a verse that speaks to me about how much Christ loves me! It´s just great to know that you are loved but sometimes I forget how much He really does love me! I want to grasp that truth about how great His love is!!

No comments: