Monday 28 February 2011

Decisions, decisions

I am trying to make some decisions in my life! I have some big questions, like....What am I meant to be doing with my life? What am I meant to be involved in in my church, in my free time etc etc? Life gets busy and there are only so many hours in a day. I have decided to stop up and do a sort of infantory of my life. What is really important? What is it God wants me to do? What do I burn for?  

I find it so easy to say yes to things and I have a hard time saying no, so before long I find myself involved in so many different things and sometimes I wonder if I should be involved in any of it. Has God something else for me to do?  I am a confused irish woman these days!! 

Anyway the other night when my friend Jette and I were out drinking hot chocolate she suggested I take some coaching lessons. She has been to a coach and it has really helped her. Well I think I have the greatest coach on earth - GOD!! He knows exactly what I was made for!! So first and foremost I am seeking Him.(ok - wait a moment while I shine my halo!! haha)  

Now my friend Rhoda can do this coaching thing, but it´s hard to get a time to chat when she lives miles away across the water. So I decided that in the meantime I would just check out some things on the web. I found a site with the title - "31 days to reset your life challenge." I liked the sound of that! So I signed up. It was free, you just get emails sent every day with different instructions. I´m not sure what the different instructions will be, I have only received day 1. 

So for day 1 I had to first find a notebook that I could record all my thoughts in, - DONE. Then I had to  find a quote, a postivie phrase or statement for the purpose of motivation or encouragement.  I had to choose one that represented what I hoped to become or believe by the end of the challenge. Ummhhhhh what could that be.....one moment please.

Ok I found one:

"Your time is limited, so don´t waste it living someone elses life. Don´t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." 

I picked this quote because it sums up what I want to achieve. I am a people pleaser. I find it hard to say no. So at times other peoples agendas can run my life. I don´t want to live someone elses life, I want to live mine.  I can let their opinions drown out my own inner voice or rather the voice of God who is telling me to do His will, and since He only has good plans for me, His will is the best for me!! I need courage to follow that voice!

Ok,- I think I have been "deep" for long enough. Time for me to hit the sack, the morning comes early, as my wee mummy and granny used to say:-) Goodnight all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura
The only thing you need is to spend much more time with me !!!!!!!
You will be a better person if you spend all your time with me ;)))))
I am good for you ;)
We can paint together
We can laugh together
and we can eat some good food together so all you need is me ;)hahahahiiiiiiiii

Love Anne

Laura said...

AMEN to that sister!!!!