Thursday 21 April 2011

One of those days....

Yes, it has been one of those perfect days:-)

The weather was fantastic - warm and sunny, and I got to spend the day with my best friend.



The kids had plans of their own. Leah was spending the day with her friend. Andrew was going to play American football with his friends and Sara went yesterday to visit Winnie. Kristian and I decided we would go out exploring the Danish countryside. Out came the map and we picked a place we had never been before.
 We were not disappointed with our choice. We spent a long time sitting at the water just enjoying the peace and quiet and each others company. 


 We ended the day driving by Kristian`s brother´s house. They have moved from their farm to a house. We wanted to be nosey and see the house (and them too!) We spent a lovely hour or so with them before heading for home.



 On the way home Kristian spotted a car park filled with old American cars. He just had to stop. I gave him 10 minutes to have a look around, but 20 minutes later I was still sitting in the car waiting on him to return!! Men and cars - what is it??? I will never understand. All I can say is, my wee car was the nicest one in the car park, although Kristian didn`t agree!


 It was 7.30pm when we finally left the carpark for home. The sun was slowly starting to set and we could have easily stayed by the sea a while longer!

 We arrived home to the view below. The sun going down over the fields just outside our window. It was soooo beautiful. Like I said at the start, it has been one of those perfect days!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Awwww so romantic! Ps Ronnies the same with old cars, theres a show every year called the Kilbroney classic car show and I kind of dread it coming up! But I love the drive there, its the best part.