Thursday 10 December 2009

15 days to go....

....its really starting to feel like Christmas!! ONLY 15 days to go!!

The answer to yesterdays question - "What is the date for St. Lucys (Lucia) day in Denmark?" is 13th December...well done Lisa and Angie!!


St Lucia was a young Christian girl who was martyred, killed for her faith, in 304AD. The most common story told about St Lucia is that she would secretly bring food to the persecuted Christians in Rome, who lived in hiding in the catacombs under the city. She would wear candles on her head so she had both her hands free to carry things. Lucy means 'light' so this is a very appropriate name.


Now for todays question: "Which Christmas carol does the following sentence come from....Brightly shone the moon that night though the frost was cruel?"
So today I went shopping again!! haha
This time I was looking for something to wear at my works Christmas dinner tomorrow evening. I found nothing!! The style that is out is just not me! Looks like I´ll be wearing my boring black pants and some sort of blouse!! (Must check out what Sara has hidden in her wardrobe - doubt that I can fit it though!! haha - just wishful thinking!)
Then this evening it was up to church. Leah had a dress rehersal. Tomorrow the kids from the church are preforming a musical about the Christmas story. All those involved have invited their class to come and see the musical, so around 120 kids will be their tomorrow. Leah cant wait and is excited that she got the day off school. Her classmates will be there to see her. On Saturday they will preform for family and friends.


Thought I would let you see a picture of our Christmas tree at work....we acutally dont have room for a Christmas tree in the room where we hold our breaks, but that doesnt stop us. We chopped the tree in half and stuck it up in the ceiling!! hahahaha

We finally got it decorated, so now all our breaks are taken in half darkness, cause we turn off the "big" lights and we turn on the Christmas tree lights. Then we light lots of candles around the place! We sure know how to be cosy!


7 comments:

lisa said...

Good King Wenceslas looked out
On the feast of Stephen
When the snow lay round about
Deep and crisp and even
Brightly shone the moon that night
Though the frost was cruel
When a poor man came in sight
Gath'ring winter fuel

One of my favourites!!

Rhoda said...

I hope you wear a bit more than 'black pants' Laura LOL!!!! I knew you were getting American!

lisa said...

Excuse me - am I the only one taking this quiz seriously????!!!!

Rhoda said...

But you already gave the answer Lisa . . . and Laura only gives a prize/mention to the first past the line:-) LOL

Angie said...

I'm with you Lisa!! Too much frivolity in these comments!!!! Only joking....honest! Good King Wenceslas it is.
PS Christmas has arrived early in my house - I just got me a new laptop!! Yee haa!

Rhoda said...

So Angie on your new laptop are you going to start a blog - that you too can not update for weeks at a time, like the rest of us . . . apart from dedicated Laura!!!!

Angie said...

Rhoda - I can't keep up with reading blogs never mind writing one myself!! Mine would probably be a good cure for insomnia!!!